Help › Forums

In the Weeds

Sun, Jan 22 2012 12:01 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 10:02 AM

Sunfyre7896:
    I am new and if I could get the percentages down, I can figure out how much I need to club up so that I can improve.

It might help to think a little differently here. By the sound of it, you're trying to force a mathematical answer to a variable condition. Take the numbers out of it for now and try this. In 30/40 rough add 1 club to what the caddie suggests. In 40/50 add 2 clubs. Trust it to start and you will get the idea of what rough does to shots. Worse lies than 40/50 are troublemakers if you try to make heroic recovery shots. Bite the bullet, reaim to the fairway and punch your way out. 

Punching out of rough lies is very effective, even with a fairway wood. When you get in trouble like this it doesn't always pay to try and make that miraculous recovery shot. Rough lies off the tee shot usually mean a safe recover is in order. Rough lies off the approach shot usually give you a chance to scramble to save par so treat both of them differently. GL

• Rightin
    1,248 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 10:27 AM

Once again YJ great words spoken from a true scholar/player of this game. It's always a pleasure to read your views/outlook on the site. Good work my friend, and as always spot on.  Play well and HNY.  Rightin/Ken

"Knowledge talks, Wisdom listens"

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 12:01 PM

zagraniczniak:
    you really cannot use the EZ Swing!!!! Those are meant to be used only by people stumbling on the site by accident, not by actual registered players.

Man is this ever true.

I read awhile back where WGT had put these E-Z swing clubs in our bags, and thought I would give them a try. I took the first swing and put a fresh Callaway in the water. I took another swing and put another Callaway in the water. : )

• PAGES
RSS