Help › Forums

2012 Vision Board

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 9 2012 9:12 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 4:36 PM

First, let me state, this has nothing to do with WGT.

As we are now into the new year, I have decided to try something new. I heard about this idea called a vision board. Basically, many people think about resolutions or goals this time of year, and the board is a place to write these things down. It is kept in a place you will see it every day, and the idea is that this motivates you or helps keep your focus. So, I am going to give it a try this year. I have a few things so far, and am opening this up for either suggestions or things that others may be working toward that could be meaningful to my life. I worked very hard last year, and achieved a big goal and crossed something off my bucket list. In other areas, I fell short. Hopefully this vision board will be a helpful thing, but I guess I'll never know unless I try.

So, I'm asking for some input. Remember, this isn't about WGT, so if we could keep it "life" related, that would be great. 

So far, my list looks like this:

• Read 24 books this year, strictly for pleasure (I'm starting with "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo")
    • Visit my grandmother at least twice this year (she's in another country)
    • Lose x pounds and give yoga an honest try (x means no one needs to know this but me, lol)

Anyway, thanks in advance.

• Beeray
    126 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 5:29 PM

Hey there Iva,

Sounds interesting!  Your list looks like three different main subjects so far.  I would like to summarize and give a fourth subject or goal.  "Life related".  :)

1.  Appears to involve recreation for self.

2.  Appears to involve family.

3.  Appears to involve self again, losing weight.

Suggested goal:

4.  Work on qualities that appeal to "others".

The real value of a person is not measured in weight or wealth.  Or even what they do for recreation.  But rather, the kind of person they become, after all is said and done.  Become a better person in 2012 in the eyes of others, and your "Vision Board" will be a great success! 

Beeray

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 6:11 PM

IvaThongon:
    Read 24 books this year, strictly for pleasure (I'm starting with "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

You'll like this book. I'd recommend picking up the 2nd of the series at the same time .. The Girl Who Played With Fire.... imo, its better than the first.

• borntobesting
    9,682 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 7:12 PM

IvaThongon:

First, let me state, this has nothing to do with WGT.

As we are now into the new year, I have decided to try something new. I heard about this idea called a vision board. Basically, many people think about resolutions or goals this time of year, and the board is a place to write these things down. It is kept in a place you will see it every day, and the idea is that this motivates you or helps keep your focus. So, I am going to give it a try this year. I have a few things so far, and am opening this up for either suggestions or things that others may be working toward that could be meaningful to my life. I worked very hard last year, and achieved a big goal and crossed something off my bucket list. In other areas, I fell short. Hopefully this vision board will be a helpful thing, but I guess I'll never know unless I try.

So, I'm asking for some input. Remember, this isn't about WGT, so if we could keep it "life" related, that would be great. 

So far, my list looks like this:

• Read 24 books this year, strictly for pleasure (I'm starting with "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo")
    • Visit my grandmother at least twice this year (she's in another country)
    • Lose x pounds and give yoga an honest try (x means no one needs to know this but me, lol)

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Iva you might also like the Hunger Games Trilogy. They were 3 very good books. 

• paulshack
    281 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 7:13 PM

if it means ANYTHING to anybody, i just saw the girl with the dragon tattoo, the movie, last week. it was an awesome movie.. lol enjoy the book

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 7:15 PM

I all ready read at least 24 books a year.

Keep my family in harmony.

Try to stay healthy, not helping myself much, too many cigarettes.

keep my job

stay focused on the real meaning in life

stop and smell the roses

help when I can ( every body and any body)

be understanding

be patient

be loving

and hopefully be loved.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 11:41 PM

All excellent suggestions.

Beeray, great observation. I generally always try to live by that credo, and hopefully I always strive for better...not so much in what people think of me, but in how I am measured as a person in others' eyes. 

Renniw - putting up with my babble already makes you patient, and I love ya!

As for the book suggestions, hopefully I can do it. I enjoy reading, but don't make the time. I'm always reading work stuff, so hopefully I can read more just for enjoyment.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2012 1:12 AM

I will resolve to see more women in thongs.

Other than that, not much happening.

• ABeerPlease
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2012 1:28 PM

I fly to Afghan in March so i will be taking every day as it comes this year.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2012 4:38 PM

MBaggese:

I will resolve to see more women in thongs.

Other than that, not much happening.

Happy New Year...

• PAGES
RSS