Reaching the Next Level

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 18 2012 10:52 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • macamaniac
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 5:36 PM

Hi cyber golfers : )

Does anyone know what average or level is needed to reach each title?

For example, at what point value does a "Hack" become an "Amateurt"? 

Specifically, I have been a "pro" for a long time, months.  I am at a 75.7 average per 18 holes and level 82.  I wonder when I will reach the "tour pro" classification?  Does anyone know how this works?

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:21 PM

You need to lower your average by several strokes.... look in the "WGT community" tab at the score averages of Pros and Tour Pros to get a better idea. I highly recommend watching videos every day for credits and getting some Z-Satin wedges.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 1:02 AM

Just play really good

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:09 AM

Hello and welcome.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 1:21 PM

Welcome!

I suspect that an 80 average is needed to become a Pro and a 72 average to advance to Tour Pro. I'm at 72.1 and waiting...

Besides, you need a certain (low) no. of ranked rounds to advance.

Note that the average will start from scratch after s.o. changes to a new tier. Inside a tier (the pro tier) it's the average of the best 20 rounds.

Therefore, you cannot compare the averages of different tiers. There are Tour Pros with averages way higher than me - different conditions...

Edit:

9 hole scores are doubled before counting in the average.

mac: Look into your stats (best rounds) and you'll see what you have to work on.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 2:34 PM

alosso:
    Therefore, you cannot compare the averages of different tiers.

Yes, you can. You will find almost no pros with averages below 72, for example. 

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:56 PM

A pro averaging below 72 would spoil my theory...

OTOH, the average restarts from scratch when someone steps into a new tier. Therefore there are plenty of Tour Pros with higher levels than Pros. Either it is more difficult for them or they just need more rated rounds to pick out the good ones.

So, how would you compare a Tour Pro of 78 average to a Pro of 73? Which one might be better?

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:12 AM

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:17 AM

The reason there are few pros with averages below 72 is because they are no longer pros, they are tour pros. If you look at a bunch of random pros and tour pros on the players page, you will see tons of pros with averages of 74, 76, etc. Most of the TPs are in the 68, 70 neighborhood. If their average is higher, it's because they just changed tiers and their average reset; you can tell by looking at their scores.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 9:20 AM

You guys may be missing the point.  Your average can be below the cut-off point to the next tier if you haven't played enough ranked rounds.. many call this sandbagging.  Therefore, you WILL see players that are ranked in lower tiers with VERY low averages.

Comparing players based on tier and average is not very accurate.  Equipment and other factors must be taken into consideration.

• PAGES
RSS