Help › Forums

Range

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:40 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:42 AM

WGT,Why is there no driving range & putting green in the real game all the Pro's hit the range to fine tune their game is there any possibility of this happening or does it already exists and I haven't found it. 

Garry

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:49 AM

Sadly though, there is currently no practise area.

tbe

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 10:24 AM

LMAO  ^^^^

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:11 AM

Always good to do a search in the forums before you ask a question as most issues have been covered before (ad nauseam).  As to a driving range, the practice mode will have to do.  There is also the issue of ball life.  If you were using a premium ball, would you want to use up your balls on the range?

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 3:53 PM

Suppose I set my self up for your comments good point the balls

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 5:37 PM

Here's a handy way to practise individual holes...

http://www.wgt.com/courses/

Saves you having to play the course just to get to any particular hole.

tbe

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:01 PM

Gary, now see what you've done gone and did. You got folks upset. Shame on you. Save yourself from YJ and TBE when ya can, run sir. lol

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:34 PM

We have a Range. It stands in the Kitchens next to the scullery below stairs.

Over this range Cook will do whatever it is that cooks do, and then she will have one of her underlings, but usually herself, mainly because we had to let both underlings go on account of not having kept a proper eye on them and unexpected babies and that, but in any case she will then load our provender upon the base of the dumb waiter and pull on an ancient rope which dongs a bell to let Lambert know that there be food ready to come up to the dining rum. She will then customarily stand with a vengeance, extreme attitude and a scowl at the bottom of the shaft, arms folded across her far too ample breast and sweat running freely off her nose, awaiting the moment when Lambert takes up the slack.

The dumb waiter comprises a lift contraption entirely propelled by human power either up or down as the case may be, by an intricate and mysteriously byzantine affair of ropes.  Now truly speaking, it would make sense, and indeed is the normal custom, for Cook to manipulate the ancient ropeworks in order to achieve this lofting result. Cook however, believes this to be mans work, and therefore that Lambert should be the one who does all the pulling.

Now this situation causes much jocularity and no mean amount of dalliance for the diners in the dining rum, and to be honest, some days it is so jolly boring that we positively look forwards to this moment.

Lambert occasionally likes to show his superiority over Cook, being as he considers himself Butler, and therefore above all forms of manual labour and I would have to agree, but only on the grounds that manual contains the word man, and if nothing else, Lambert is no man.

The last time this occurred, Lambert offered the pretence that he did not hear the bell, which in any case would not be hard since in one ear he is deaf, and from the other he cannot hear anything. In this ear he does have a spritely sprout of hair, which in certain lights can appear uncanny. Not uncannily like anything, just uncanny.

Well naturally Cook would seek her revenge for such act of subordination, not even realising the irony of doing so, and why would she? No one likes overmuch to argue with cook. She substituted our provender with the dog, which so happened to be helping himself to tomorrows joint, or at least as much as he could get his mouth around.

Meanwhiles, in the Dining rum above, Lambert stood with his back resolutely turned to the mouth of the dumb waiter, a smug smile slipping shrewd across his face.

With this smile still enthroned, he reached behind him when the dumb apparatus arrived, wholly expecting a tureen or two and was momentarily nonplussed, and very soon after, outright terrified to find that instead of there being some inanimate object stood placid there, what greeted him was anything but placid, nor indeed inanimate.

It took some scuffling shuffles for him to disengage a hungry and sorely teased dog, and there was no small amount of blood let. Whilst I made fast a slavering dog, Lambert was hurriedly despatched below stairs for some emergency surgery, after manually carrying our dinner to table of course.

Recognising his obvious distress following our meal, we even helped him clear our dishes, by leaning slightly to one side as he gamely managed everything with his one remaining good arm.

So you see, not everyone doesn't have a range.

Lizzie xx

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 8:30 PM

Well Lizzie, I fall in the 35 to 55 range, and since it takes a while for my burners to warm up, you probably know to which side I lean.

PS, as I do read EVERYTHING of yours I come across....I thought Cook was a he?

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 3:18 AM

MBaggese:
    I do read EVERYTHING of yours I come across

Totally.  Why buy books when you can read the best here.

MBaggese:
    I thought Cook was a he?

What's the matter with ya???  Have you never watched Upstairs Downstairs??  Cook is never a he.  But I thought Lambert was.  At least he seemed so.  Gordon Jackson was definitely a he.  The plot thickerns!

When in a restaurant or a 'jacket and tie' meal after golf, I always lean to allow the waitresses (normally) to get to the plate.  By normally, I mean waitresses normally rather than waiters, not that I lean normally, although I would say that my lean is very normal.  I digress.  Some others do not!  Lean that is, not digress.  They sit there non too bothered that the poor girl hasn't got arms the length of an... oh, one of those orange monkey thingys, y'know, go get 'em Clyde... but I digress, again.  No, the poor girl, balancing already a bucketful of plates, knives and forks, and not to mention a moutain of uneaten yet tasty-looking food in the other hand whilst trying to desperately claw at the out-of-reach trough, finished with, and yet still laden with yet more food, more than a famine-struck child would eat in a week.  To make it clear and not aid digression, for which incidentally I tried taking Alka Seltzer but it didn't help as I had read the label incorrectly, the mountain of food was not in the hand, but on a single plate balanced, rather precariously, somewhere between her lower forearm and her shoulder and touching ever so slighty against one breast.  To continue from the explanation and no digression, with no help from the "I'm Not Moving" customer and in order to free the table of the unwanted items, she leans ever more forward until her bosom makes contact... oh!  So that's why men don't take their wives golfing.

• PAGES
RSS