Help › Forums

Range

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:40 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 4:43 AM

Now that you mention it, some of the blame must go to the restaurant or golf club itself.  Obviously not the restaurant or colf club itself as a restaurant or golf club is an inanimate object and is incapable of making decisions, but more so and exclusively, the restaurant's management.  They pick the dining tables and chairs and hire the waitresses.  So why pick chairs that are so big and cram so many people around a table like they were sardines in a tin that the poor girls they hire, with short arms no less, don't have a cat-in-hells chance of reaching for the empties, or not as the case may be with regards to the empties.

So, you see, it's not always the customer's fault.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 5:10 AM

And now, totally unrelated to the topic in hand, yet totally related to the topic in question, almost, and mostly, WGT does not have a practice range.  Nor does it have a practice green.  Nor can you practice on all the different speeds of greens.  Nor can you... I'll think of something.

But the driving range; they could stack a pyramid of balls in front of each player.  A 5x5 base would give 55 balls.  A 7x7 base would give another 85 balls.  Don't bother getting the calculators out, that's 140 balls total.  You could have hours of 'fun' banging 140 balls towards... well, nowhere really except a vast open area, totally unlike any fairway or green.  $3.50 for 55 balls or $5 for 140 balls.  And when you get bored you just leave the unused balls where they are for the next person to use... free of charge.  Although I suspect a payment to WGT would be forthcoming.  And then there's happy hour.

I have a local driving range.  I get bored rather quickly on a driving range.  After taking time to warm up with gentle hits using the first few balls, not more than 5, I proceed to hit another 5 as I would on the course.  Then it kicks in.  I start 'practicing' power hooks and power fades with clubs not designed to do such things.  Then I play a few more by delofting a 4 iron, making it into something less than a 1 iron and driving over 200yds having never been more than 4 or 5 yards off the ground and having ran 75% of the distance along the ground.  Now one might say that's practice for a 30mph headwind, I call it boredom.  Or opening the clubface of a five iron and playing a 100yd flop shot... just in case you've either broken or left in the car your sand wedge (delofted of course as you can only hit it 80yds normally), pitching wedge, and 9, 8, 7 and 6 irons.  I finally get down to my last 5 balls and I play a few chips into the awaiting nets 10-15yds away with my sand wedge.  Practice over.

I mentioned happy hour.  Normally for x pounds (can't remember as I rarely go) one gets 50 balls.  But between noon and 1pm you get 75 balls.  So, of course, I go between noon and 1pm.  If I'm going to get bored with 50 balls, just think what more I can do with 75!

Oh, and why is it that in the bay next to you you always get someone who prefers to play pinball between the posts delimiting each bay than hitting out into the wide open space known as 'the driving area'???

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:27 AM

Y'all need to get a life............................:-))

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:29 AM

Yappy22:

I'm on my 3rd.

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 7:06 AM

thebigeasy707:
    that's the one i need thanks very much should have gone to specsavers CHEERS!

Garry.

Here's a handy way to practise individual holes...

http://www.wgt.com/courses/

Saves you having to play the course just to get to any particular hole.

tbe

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 7:10 AM

MioKontic:

Yappy22:

I'm on my 3rd.

LMAO......hope you make it to no. 4

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:40 PM

GARRYCARTER:

that's the one i need thanks very much should have gone to specsavers CHEERS!

Garry.

You mean none of what us others wrote was of any use?  Well!  That'll be the last time...

• PAGES
RSS