Help › Forums

Choosing the right Country Club

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 25 2012 5:24 AM (3 replies)
  • Yaffley
    26 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 5:28 AM

Hi All,

Been a member for a while but haven't really played all that much. I would now like to get into it more and so, I have started to look for a CC to join.

It's a bit of 'suck it and see' as unless one joins a club, you can't really see how well its organised etc. [perhaps there should be a way to be invited to play along to check out the Club before joining].

Anyway my real point is: the other day whilst searching the forums for relevant posts I happened upon a CC which I found of interest. Looking again today for it I notice that the CC search does not list all CC's. For example: when searching for everything the search results are giving me only the top CC's which have the most members.

Is there a way to see ALL CC's?

TIA

Yaffley

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 7:14 PM

Can't answer your question, but I recommend posting this in the Country Club Corner forum and looking for more inside dope on cc's there.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 5:05 AM

I'd recommend choosing one that's based in your time zone. Then just join one and if you don't like it just quit and try another.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 5:24 AM

Hi Yaffley

Owners can choose not to have their CC come up on searches which is why you're not seeing them all. I'm guessing some owners do that because they don't want anymore members, and it keeps CC requests to a minimum.

There's no real way of knowing if a CC will suit you or you will suit them. My advice would be to make friends with a club member or if you're really keen, the owner his/her self, have a game and a chat and take it from there!

Hope this helps

Lob

RSS