Forums

Help › Forums

Interesting thought... Clubs or Balls Which is more important

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:28 AM (6 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:59 PM

I would like to know... what is more important.... Clubs or Balls... apart from the obvious because you need both to play the game...lol

I'm a owner of a CC and send out balls for Tourny prizes. To make it easy for everybody, I usually send out the same type of Ball that they have equipped, so they don't have 20 different types in the bag, like I have....lol

I would think Clubs would be more important because a good set of clubs is better and can be used with any type of ball.

I usually send out 2 packs of golf balls for the winner of a comp. One of my CC members asked if he could have a club instead.

Started to think about this.... and wow, 2 packs of Nikes 800cr... 1 wedge can cost the same amount of credits.

Are the Price of the top of the range Golf Balls too expensive, in relation to the Price of Clubs?

Cheers

Roger

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 10:33 PM

Hi Mantis

WOW the bottom of your post says it all,2 packs of NIKES =same cost as a wedge,never looked at it that way b4.Expensive this game ain't it.

cheers

pdxdriver-rob

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 11:09 PM

Clubs are good for those who aren't fully equipped to their satisfaction, balls are good for those who play much (and lose many of them). Why don't you leave it to the winner, sort of xyz credit voucher?

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 11:50 PM

Are balls expensive compared to clubs? Are you kidding? A dozen Nikes is about the same price as the L88 R11.... For 800 credits you can gift lower level players a set of irons, a driver or 3 non-Cleveland wedges. I would gift balls to upper level players and clubs to lower levels.... or let them decide.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 12:25 AM

LeonDelBosque:

Are balls expensive compared to clubs? Are you kidding? A dozen Nikes is about the same price as the L88 R11.... For 800 credits you can gift lower level players a set of irons, a driver or 3 non-Cleveland wedges. I would gift balls to upper level players and clubs to lower levels.... or let them decide.

I agree with what you say, but I think that gifting a Club or Clubs is a more worthy prize than gifting a pack or 2 of golf balls.

10 packs of Nikes is worth 4000cr, I think a full set of R11's must be around that price too, if not less(not sure).  The clubs will last you forever, but the Nikes can be finished pretty quick, depending on how you play...lol.

My way of thinking ...Clubs are worthy of a Club Championship or something big as that, whilst Golf Balls are ok for weekly Comps.

All good thoughts, just curious to see what others think :)

-Roger

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 1:02 AM

nike balls dont last ,one week if you play a lot ,,,,,clubs last for ever do the math ,,4.50 a week time 12 ...............wow i must like this game verry much

• alekandr
    17 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:28 AM

Cheap wedges, then balls - If they don't have wedges get them :) Wedges are so important for the short game and the 52's are amazing for those long approach shots, much better than a pack of balls. :)

RSS