Help › Forums

surveys are worthless

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 15 2014 4:33 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NitroToad
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:35 AM

i just want to know how come no matter how many surveys i try to fill out and enter im always denied?.do they not want the imput of a middle aged,married male who owns a home,works has children,owns his own house and vehicles?.ive tried about every survey they offer for credits and ill have to fill out a ton of question just for them to say "sorry you dont fit the demograph"...WTF?...who are they looking for-foreign,homeless,childless,carless people who are anyother color except caucasian???..im starting to think these surveys are racist against working white people..anyone else have this problem also?

• Jay71man
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:02 PM

NitroToad:

i just want to know how come no matter how many surveys i try to fill out and enter im always denied?.do they not want the imput of a middle aged,married male who owns a home,works has children,owns his own house and vehicles?.ive tried about every survey they offer for credits and ill have to fill out a ton of question just for them to say "sorry you dont fit the demograph"...WTF?...who are they looking for-foreign,homeless,childless,carless people who are anyother color except caucasian???..im starting to think these surveys are racist against working white people..anyone else have this problem also?

Not at all, I to am a middle aged, white, married male with children who owns his own home and have done quite a few survies. Keep trying you will get one.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:32 PM

Personally, I don't do surveys.  But here are my thoughts:  WGT probably needs to revise contracts/agreements with the survey companies.  All surveys should allow you to finish them and get credits.  The survey company can throw the results in the trash if they need to based on the demographic profile they are looking for.  But if the WGT member took the time and made the effort to do the survey he/she should be rewarded. 

On the other hand, surveys are worthless to the marketing company if the same person takes them over and over.  WGT should set up a system to limit surveys to one each per member, per offering company.

Otherwise, we're all like laboratory mice being sent through the same maze over and over, each of us nibbling at crumbs to get a small reward at the end. 

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2012 2:57 PM

Jay71man:
    Not at all, I to am a middle aged, white, married male with children who owns his own home and have done quite a few survies.

Same here, and I am quite the sure I have failed to qualify for 10 times more than I have completed. I can go days without finding a single one, then be able to do 6 in two days. Admittedly, some of the qualifiers are quite ridiculous though. Many times I've spent 15 plus minutes answering very detailed questions, only to find out I hadn't even started the survey yet. Had one this morning, spent about ten minutes 'qualifying,' answered a question telling them I was taking the survey on a computer, poof - "sorry, we are looking for...." An online survey looking for people who don't take surveys online? Made me laugh.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2012 3:09 PM

What is your time worth?  We all have a limited number of hours here on earth. (Then we get to go to Mars)  Seriously, if I did a survey for 40 minutes I'd want to receive credits in the amount of salary I make for that time.  I am surprised more people don't approach it that way.  Perhaps I am missing something.

• toddintulsa
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2012 4:19 PM

I finished a survey yesterday - Opinionshare. Finished the entire survey, even filled out the stupid - form to join - to get my 150 points.

NOTHING! RIP-OFF!

Why does WGY tolerate sites that won't reward the players that take the time to take them to earn points?

Seems to me, WGT lacks any kind of oversight of these guys, and definitely should!

• Ozijagger
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 2:29 PM

I am of the opinion that survey's are a complete waste of time.  e.g just like Nitro has said " fill out a ton of questions just for them to say you don't qualify". 

I would think that they should post the demographic that they require before you complete the survey. Logical??? Hmm, i think they must format it in this way so that they get free response? where are my credits for spending half an hour filling in the demographic questions???  It's a joke.  Frustrating.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 10:01 PM

20 in 9 days. Not boasting, just giving the other perspective. Sometimes you just have to think sideways with these people.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 10:05 PM

Doublemochaman:

What is your time worth?  We all have a limited number of hours here on earth. (Then we get to go to Mars)  Seriously, if I did a survey for 40 minutes I'd want to receive credits in the amount of salary I make for that time.  I am surprised more people don't approach it that way.  Perhaps I am missing something.

For many people you are right. BUT...some of us don't have the luxury of paying cash for our time here. The time I've spent with surveys and videos provide me with about $25 per month worth of credits. That's $25 we absolutely do not have right now. Job loss, huge cut in pay finding another one, keeping the house out of foreclosure, kids and food eat up all the cash. The time I spend doing surveys is time that I would either be playing the game or vegetating in front of the television, late at night when the wife is working and the kids are asleep.

I view the time pursuing credits as one of the costs of being able to play here. It's either this way or I'm not here at all.

• DaveCanaday
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 7:06 PM

I have almost given up on the surveys. I am NOT going to spend real money  buying virtual clubs and equipment . So without a legitimate way to earn credits and obtain better equipment I find my self playing this game less and less . As long as people willingly throw their money at this game WGT won't even think about doing anything to improve their crappie surveys

• PAGES
RSS