• sheepsass
    655 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 8:54 AM

play every day for 880 pts

• corkhopper
    10 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 9:38 AM

Milfshake:

My AVG is 65.. That screams Sandbagging.

I think only you know that and this term seems to be bandied about too much in my opinion. I was accused of this once because I had a sparkling front 9 of 29 at SA as a pro and then a poor game following on the same course - swings and roundabouts - it was just one of those games and I have never bettered it. If you are a tour pro it may be time for you to become a master - a bigger challenge for you.

As you say you want to learn the game - I have found being a master is the very best tier in which to learn. I want to be a tour master and am getting ever closer- my average is 63.45 (not far off yours) with possibly only 0.45 to shave off my play. As you have a 65 average I would say you are really a master - take the plunge and welcome a most enjoyable part of this game in achieving a 65 average as a master - it really has been for me the best tier that I have enjoyed here and I look forward for the new challenge of being a tour master with a low 60s average.

Corks

p.s. I may never get to tour master which, for me, would dampen my love for this game. I think that tiering up and keeping a low average is what we should all strive for and this is the advice I would have given to the OP

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 10:05 AM

Milfshake:

My AVG is 65.. That screams Sandbagging.

If you intend to remain a pro/tour pro then YES!!!!

there are really 2 ideas here. Maintaining a FALSELY high avg to avoid moving up or avoiding RANKED rounds to avoid moving up.

Either way it is still SANDBAGGING

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 11:12 AM

This is from Wiki.... Sandbagging, hiding the strength, skill or difficulty of something or someone early in an engagement. 

We can all agree on that right?

Im NO WHERE NEAR hiding anything.. Thats the 1st thing they talk about when you look the word up.. HIDING... Where am I hiding my strength.. I shoot a 65 homie.  and I am a Pro...  Im am not a Tour Pro.. for Im not on any "Tour".. Im not a master cus I havnt MASTERED PUTTING... Ive only shot a 65 on one course and on top of that its been the same front 9.  So what I mastered  A front 9 "you say".. Im not going to move up to MASTER tier over it.. you silly rabbits.

Sandbagging (golfing), playing poorly until establishing a handicap and then raising bets, using the established handicap to unfairly win..

Since when is a 65 shooting poorly?

I only have one question left...

Why you so mad bro?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 12:00 PM

You are correct about Sandbagging in RL golf. There, the handicap is the only measure for individual skills.

Here, the tier has to be taken into consideration. A Pro with a 65 average may be considered a sandbagger because this is past the usual average qualifying for the Master(!) tier.

AFAIS, you have played six rated rounds since September, with scores from 31 to 35. Fourty more of these (about two per week) would have made you a Master easily.

You might be accused to artificially stay in this tier by avoiding to play more ranked rounds, getting an advantage from forward tees in matches etc., using high-level equipment.

I wouldn't say anything about it - there might be the strangest honest reasons for this. Alas, your silly talk about hiding disqualifies you from innocence. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE! (but I shall not name it).

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 12:24 PM

If 65 is a Master AVG, then They need to bump me up.. I cant bump myself can I?

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 12:49 PM

Milfshake:
    In the  past it was MASTER you say... Then they change it cus of why?

I guess your reading skills have suffered as well?

What he said was....

alosso:
    A Pro with a 65 average may be considered a sandbagger because this is past the usual average qualifying for the Master(!) tier.

Just admit what you are, it's really no big deal cause as I see it you are not using it to your advantage to beat others in Match play....

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 1:24 PM

Ive played like 30 match games.... MAYBE!!... Ill have to go look.. I NEVER play for cash, credits, points, Ebay tickets or for nudes... 

Can anyone explain to me what AVG I need to have for a Legend? 

I wanna make sure I get that rating before I tier there.. That should tell me Im ready enuff then right? Since 65 is Master.. 

How do I now if my putting is Master. If you look at my stats Id say I suck.... at it... 

Just becus the clubs say master on them dont mean my game is...

Why are you so mad bro?

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 2:24 PM

Milfshake:
    Why are you so mad bro?

I'm not mad. 

You are not doing yourself any favors by waiting for your AVG to go down....All you are going to do is reinforce any bad habits you picked up on the way...

When I moved from TP to Master my AVG soared to 75 cause the game gets HARDER as you Tier up. Those easy shots from 100 yards to the pin will miss by 30 feet, those 10 foot putts you drilled before go wide and long. 

now my avg is 64.45 and slowly dropping I think TM is 64, and Leg is 61. But it takes many ranked rounds to advance.

My Point is the higher tier you advance to the harder the game gets, and when you move to the next tier your AVG gets reset too. So when you move to master and your first round is a 78 that is where your avg will start from.

Start playing some free tournaments everyday and you will tier up soon! 

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 4:40 PM

I understand the higher the tier the harder the game gets.  That is why I will wait until I can get the top shelf clubs in the game and learn them before I take that step.. thats the whole argument here.. is that I want to wait for the top level clubs... which is level 92. Then I will take the time I feel needed to get to use to them. At that point I will tier up to Tour Pro and then to Master then to Legend.. Becus Milfshake will be a Legend.. No doubt about that.  How many years of golf did Tiger Woods play before he turned pro... If its more then 5 months then he sandbagged too I guess. Thats as real as it gets.

NeXT!?

RSS