Forums

Help › Forums

What a Joke this game is turning into

Thu, Feb 4 2010 2:32 PM (60 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:42 AM

PRIESTESS:

Can the system cope with all the product changes made in the last 6 months?..Balls  ,, Irons ,, Woods,,Avatars,,etc,,etc,,I remember the starter full set and there was hardly any meter stutter or major deviation,..my meter has been so bad for 2 weeks now,,i only enjoy playing after 3 glasses of red wine,,,,

I'm agreed with priestess here ... been here since may of last year and hardly noticed any problems until product changes were increased ... really start noticing a major difference when the green speeds changes and the plethora of new golf balls came out .. hard to get in a round anymore where meter problems and shot deviations don't seem to be the rule rather than the exception . Don't get me wrong here ... i'm not whining ... and i know that all shot deviations are not a system problem and may be due to other variables, however, when you've become accustomed to seeing minor miss clicks or even center clicks on the meter move a certain amount of yardage and now you're noticing an increase in deviation from the ideal or from what you've been accustomed to expecting on average, without a change of equipment , then you're mind just chimes in with the thought .... "hey, that shot wasn't right ... " ... maybe i don't submit as many bug reports as i should, giving WGT the benefit of the doubt , but it does appear as if the deviation factor from the norm or ideal has increased ... meter problems definitely have worsened ... but all in all i'm willing to ride the storm out here and give the tech people time to sort through these problems and slowly make improvements to this product ... it has so much potential ...

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:55 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that all the additions that have been applied have an impact on this game/simulation. The more variables introduced through graphics the more hiccups there will be, Been in a similar situation with other graphic intense simulations. The more you add on the pile the more  problems appear. I am sure WGT is aware of this and will address this issue as time goes on.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 1:37 PM

If you think about it, with all the club and balls options we have, its amazing most of us can play at all.  I'd like to see less of that and more stroke play courses.  Let the big guns worry about Variables and Variance...Variety is what I want.

Joey

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 1:57 PM

This is definitely getting worse, the meter lag used to come and go, now i find it's often unplayable, and what do we get from WGT, new tartan trousers - well thanks!

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:44 PM
    This is so depressing....but I must weigh in. As has been stated, most were aware that the beast, excuse me, Vemmie, has been around for quite some time. When she was a tamed infant this was no problem. For me. It was the same for all. Now it seems that, the way I am understanding it (not only from the forum but also that brilliant application to the patent office) she now has the ability to target the better golfers. Or, the golfers who do better. Now I am all for fair play and a level playing surface. Some of you know I have a background in maintenance. I love this game of golf. I had become enamored with WGT. But to think of implementing a device as devious as Vem is horrible. Why do you all think this is the way. IT IS NOT. You have the solution already. If some are shooting in the 50's each time, then you move them up a tier. You have caused the best player in here to evaporate. I could care less if the same person won all the money. But I will not tolerate such savagery in this game (yes I have a choice, so wipe that smirk off your face sir i.e. I can keep my wallet on my hip). I can not invest in anything that reacts such as this. It's like saying to a professional that every fourth-fifth shot will be "kicked into the rough. All in the name of evening things up". How ridiculous is that? Am I supposed to play a cat for 500c and KNOW that my good play will be trumped not by his good play, but the timing of vemmies arrival. Am I to continue to buy virtual golf balls in order to help keep the lights on, only to see my efforts ruined by a program designed to throw me? I am going to end my 2cents here, But plz WGT don't ruin this game!
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 3:43 PM

I don't know about this vem thing and i dont care really what pisses me off is with every patch the game goes bezerk.When an eight mile wind on a ding well aimed shot the ball ends up out of bound with a brand new 40c ball i think its a money making greed issue on WGT`s part. Its disgusting business principles like this that will be this company's demise.I foolishly spent a lot of money thinking this and that would improve my game but this is not the case, my play was way more consistant with starter clubs.

As for this vem im not sure it makes it harder the better you get as this would be ridiculous on WGT`s part. As after spending money they punish you with vem ,i dont think this is how it works but im no programmer either,who knows how those folk think.

Quit the BS WGT more courses smooth meter then worry about shot timers and all the other bs ideas,were told to take notes now wont have the time to check them.

Ill soon be joining Tibbets in the retirement village as this is no longer fun but pure frustration.

Just my thoughts chipp

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:08 PM

Hiya chipster-hope that leg's growing back. It is wise to get in the habit of clearing the Flash cache after every update but more important, and this comes right from Alex, you need to play a few rounds to get back to where you were before the update. (If any of this VEM talk is to be believed then this would make sense. )

I find I get a few WTF moments in the first few rounds after the update but then it settles down and becomes what it was, for me. LOL-check out the 2 37's I had to card in the RTG's because I didn't follow my own advice. DOH!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:09 PM

From WGT Help/FAQ:

Precision: Defines generally how close to the aiming point the ball will land based on where you hit on the swing meter

Forgiveness: Displays how much Distance and Precision the ball will lose if not hit perfectly

I'm only gonna try to explain this once, so I really hope that some of you listen to this and actually take moment to think it through.

Ding or no ding, the precision rating is involved in the final result of every single shot.  If you Rapture owners are going to play clubs that are rated with 2 of 10 precision then you can't possibly expect it to go where you want every time. That would be exactly the opposite of the definition of the word precision.  With a 2 of 10 rating (and based on personal experience) I'd venture to guess 60% is about as good as it's gonna get.  Roughly  6 out of 10 shots will go roughly where aimed, the other 4 will not.  You were told this when you bought your clubs, that's what the little dots in the graphics are for. Because you choose to ignore exactly what those little dots mean is not WGT's fault.  WGT is not ruining the game, the players are ignoring how the game was setup to play from the beginning and then complaining about it because it's not performing like every other golf game they've played before.  Lose your preconceptions about WGT and start over, otherwise you're never gonna figure out how to enjoy this game.

VEM:  So...why are people upset about this again?  According to that thread, VEM affects you based on your skill.  Higher skill levels are affected a lot, lower skill levels not so much.  That means it is easier for you to beat someone who's consistently better than you.  That also means it is harder for me to beat you.  If we assume that VEM is real, then why are we complaining about the handicap system that so many people have been asking for?  Many people asked for a way to level the playing field, to make players like Bollox and Avatar reachable and beatable every once in a while.  Now there's a possibility that you got exactly what you wanted (and in a way that can't really be user-manipulated like scoring average can) and yet all I see are complaints and theories!  I see players focusing on is how it might be affecting them and not how it might be affecting them relative to everyone else.

We gotta use a little bit of common sense here fellas.  Drowning in conspiracy is not a good way to spend an afternoon.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:12 PM

^^^^^^^^^

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:15 PM

Saaaaweeet-got  a new way to explain it. Tx, niv.

RSS