Help › Forums

Bogus videos

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 26 2012 5:02 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 9:35 AM

I thought the those videos has gone as I haven't seen any today, but they have returned again.  They still don't play, so best not clicking on them.

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 9:45 AM

Mio, by any chance you had your Adblock on?

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 10:15 AM

MioKontic:

I have just had a some unwanted activity come up on my PC which tried to download some software and saying it was required because if had found files on it that shouldn't be there.  But it was not from my anti-virus software, so I'm thinking these videos have caused this.

I am at this moment running a full scan of my PC to see if it finds anything.  This might be a time to clear all my caches, temporary internet files, etc.

This is not good if these videos have caused this.

Mio,

There has been a run of popups and false warnings that try to get the user to download and install 'Windows Secure Kit 2011'

This is full of trojans etc!

It appears to be happening mainly to FireFox users so could be browzer related and nothing to do with wgt or the video sites.

Regardless of how good you believe your antivirus software to be, it won't block anything that you say 'install' to...

Do not install this software for any reason!

• 1100SHADOW
    48 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 10:16 AM

Re, Bogus videos.

I had those the other day and they wouldn't play, but today they have come up again all 7 of them, I have watched all of them with no problem so I think they are ok.

No adverse effects to report on my laptop which leads me to doubt they are infected, because they all played OK. 

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 12:30 PM

Yep - that's exactly what i got GC, but i didn't install anything.

And I don't have adblock.

But, good news, I was just told the vids are now working... and they are!!

• shamilitaktak
    35 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 2:15 AM

i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago with the Sony vids - duplicated, wouldn't play, disappeared but were fine when they came back.

Problem i've had for the last couple of days is that i'm not bein awarded views for watching the vids (extra grey box ones - clapperboards work fine), anyone else experiencing these issues?

apologies if there's a more relevant/up to date thread about this, guess i'll soon find out if there's no replies!!

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 8:37 AM

shamilitaktak:
    apologies if there's a more relevant/up to date thread about this, guess i'll soon find out if there's no replies!!

It's in the Bug Report section.

• shamilitaktak
    35 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 5:02 PM

thanks for the pointer Mio - I'm a bit new to the main WGT forums.

looks like it's not just me with these issues

• PAGES
RSS