Forums

Help › Forums

Offensive player

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:09 AM (9 replies)
  • tminer
    1 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 10:47 PM

Player I just played multiple player Blitz with 2 guys and after the 1st hole he said a comment that he was happy when Yankees (Americans) got bombed. Call me some colorful names, talked about my parents, etc. I don't need that here. I have his name if anyone cares.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 4:05 AM

tminer:

Player I just played multiple player Blitz with 2 guys and after the 1st hole he said a comment that he was happy when Yankees (Americans) got bombed. Call me some colorful names, talked about my parents, etc. I don't need that here. I have his name if anyone cares.

This is becoming more and more frequent. The chat box on multi-player games is not monitored like the forums are. If it happens again take a screen shot of the comments and inform WGTICON and tell him you have the proof saved.

I think people with small minds use this type of comments to rile there opponents just to win the game. Although there are those who are just out and out Bas***s and should not br allowed on this site.

You will not get any action by posting the problem here. it's better to contact wgt personally. They take a dim veiw of this. Its also written in the rulesabout this type of thing.

You could also put a message on the persons wall telling him that you did not like what he was saying as it was offensive and that you think an apology is in order.

MEL1950

• attiuq
    34 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 5:20 AM

Oh my!

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 7:57 PM

mel1950:

You could also put a message on the persons wall telling him that you did not like what he was saying as it was offensive and that you think an apology is in order.

Incorrecto Mel. :)  Why?  Because WGT says and I quote from one of their Memos they send to all members:

"We strongly recommended that you do not respond to offensive language. Replying will escalate the issue, give the abuser what they want from you (your attention), and further waste your time.  We advise that you ignore them or choose to walk away."

Unquote.

Which basically means We The Customers are not allowed to defend ourselves when hate-mongering is posted on our wall. :)  In other words there is no Freedom Of Speech allowed here when someone insults you.  Brilliant huh? ;)

As well, even if you do report abuse, WGT will never tell you if they even warned them or not.  That's their Policy as told to me.  I reported one member's abuse 7 times/7 different abuses and they didn't do anything to stop the the menace that I am aware, Obviously? :)  So there you go!  YOU NEVER KNOW.

They won't even tell you IF they warned someone or not or took any action or not.  Well gosh, don't ya think we have the Human Right to know if they did or did not warn or suspend someone?  You'd think someone who abused you "7 times" would surely have been Warned and subsequently Suspended at least once, wouldn't you? :)  But I guess not because I don't think any member gets 7 Warnings and no suspension?

Anyway, that's how it works tminer.  So good luck sending screenshots because YOU'LL NEVER KNOW.  True story.  Bad policy IMO.

• ondebyou
    11 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 8:04 PM

If you put ANY kind of message on someones wall, be man enough to allow a reply as well. SOME "rude" people go around with their snide comments on peoples walls and do not allow a rebutal of any sort. That's "rude".  

Just my humble opinion.

Have a blessed day!

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 6:24 AM

ondebyou:

If you put ANY kind of message on someones wall, be man enough to allow a reply as well. SOME "rude" people go around with their snide comments on peoples walls and do not allow a rebutal of any sort. That's "rude".  

Just my humble opinion.

Have a blessed day!

On the other hand, we're supposed to turn the other cheek.  And most people cannot accept correction for their rude behavior.  So it's a delicate decision whether or not to respond.  Thank God they finally allowed members to block abusers.  Bless you all.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 6:41 AM

Oldstir:

strongly recommended that you do not respond to offensive language. Replying will escalate the issue, give the abuser what they want from you (your attention), and further waste your time.  We advise that you ignore them or choose to walk away."

Unquote.

Which basically means We The Customers are not allowed to defend ourselves when hate-mongering is posted on our wall. :)  In other words there is no Freedom Of Speech allowed here when someone insults you.  Brilliant huh? ;)

"Strongly recommend" does absolutely nothing to infringe on your rights. It's a prudent suggestion of how to avoid a potentially bad situation. A simple wall post on the offender's wall saying "Stop posting on my wall" is more than enough. Should they persist, you have a solid case to go to WGT with.

Bad spin on that quote because it's nothing like you are making it.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:03 AM

YankeeJim:

Oldstir:

strongly recommended that you do not respond to offensive language. Replying will escalate the issue, give the abuser what they want from you (your attention), and further waste your time.  We advise that you ignore them or choose to walk away."

Unquote.

"Strongly recommend" does absolutely nothing to infringe on your rights. It's a prudent suggestion of how to avoid a potentially bad situation. A simple wall post on the offender's wall saying "Stop posting on my wall" is more than enough. Should they persist, you have a solid case to go to WGT with.

Bad spin on that quote because it's nothing like you are making it.

You're dead wrong!  I've discussed the policy THOROUGHLY with WGT, so 'I know'.  You don't. :)  Suggest to talk about what you know, not what you only wish you knew.  Have a great day and know this.  No offense and I respect you're opinion but you're clearly just another antagonist IMO and I will never again respond to anything you address to me in the forum.  Bless you.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:09 AM

Oldstir:
    I've discussed the policy THOROUGHLY with WGT

What's to discuss? The policy is very clear. Maybe you have a hard time understanding English and hey had to dumb it down for you?

Your interpretation of that quote is nonsense and detracting from that with more silliness isn't going to change it.

Oldstir:
    I will never again respond to anything you address to me in the forum.

Thank you. I am now truly blessed.  :-)

• ondebyou
    11 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:09 AM

Oldstir:

ondebyou:

Just my humble opinion.

Have a blessed day!

On the other hand, we're supposed to turn the other cheek.  And most people cannot accept correction for their rude behavior.  So it's a delicate decision whether or not to respond.  Thank God they finally allowed members to block abusers.  Bless you all.

Obviously, you sir, have mis-taken the process that WGT uses to insert one into a game search "automatically", as being "rude"  for what you assume as "interupting your game search" , when we have no clue as to whom WGT try's to match us with when we simply try to "Join a Game".  These "rude interuptions" you are experiencing, should somehow be taken up with WGT, not the ones of us that are simply trying to "Join a Game". And I must agree, "Block Player" function is a nice addition.

RSS