Forums

Help › Forums

Travails with a toothpick

Wed, Dec 14 2016 1:15 PM (25 replies)
  • LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 1:26 PM

Ever wondered why labels sometimes peel off?

Lizzie xx

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 2:01 PM

LizzieRossetti:

Lizzie xx

Well, like, ya!

My label fell off some time back and now I don't know whether to dry clean or to use an iron.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 2:22 PM

LizzieRossetti:

Lizzie xx

NO!!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 3:05 PM

Dear Ms. Rossetti,

I have my own hypothesis regarding this phenomena and after numerous trials involving Budweiser labels have come to the conclusion  that those bottles closest to the cooler walls have much easier labels to remove. Further research is required.

Doc

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 6:51 PM

Just checked your profile Lizzie...quick, play another ranked round!

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 5:27 AM

Well it isn't so much the dearth of readily available research facilities, as the lack of ongoing funding in the way of development capabilities.

Having duly noted such at the last bored meeting (one has to yawn) it was left in the culpable hands of Lambert to secure such facility as would inspire the larks at the lab to further gross excess. 

My point that labels are frivolous beasties at best, and unreliable as a norm, was summarily overlooked, which prompted a severely viscious poke with a riding crop into the unsuspecting yet yielding underbelly of the chair, who responded by waking up and wiping a small amount of drool from his lower lip, and one of his chins.

Surely then, progress?

Lizzie xx

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 5:45 AM

UPDATE!

Yes it unanimously is.

Lizzie xx

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 7:56 AM

Sorry, would've replied earlier but didn't read the original post until just now and am currently unavailable for comment.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 3:59 AM

Thank you Mk, the meeting accepts your comment about your unavailability and duly records in the minutes an appropriate response which will be circulated by the secretary but goes something like : "   ".

Now back to the unyielding matter of labels.

In the air I can smell toasted marshmallows and this gets me to thinking I should take the gels on a venture into somewhere wild where we can have the staff pitch some tents and maybe a marquee, it needs to be in a dingly dell with sunlight able to dapple our legs through the tree canopy, and there should be a stream quite close that makes the sound of ripples and tiny splashlets.

I wouldn't awfully mind there to be the odd bumble bee or two because hearing them would mean that there were pretty flowers sending to us their delightful scents on a warm breeze that would sometimes drift across our dell. Not strong enough to chase away all the smoke from Cooks open fire, but just strong enough to remind a carelessly placed knee that the fire is aglow. It would need to be quite strong enough however, to carry the taste of toasted marshmallow to me and a few chums because we are in the trees and reckless with abandon having left our ginger beer grog in the shade of the Oak which has lowering branches dropping flies to the trout in the stream, whose snouts barely dimple the little pool they congregate in.

That mewing you can hear, well that's a Buzzard some distance away, soaring in wide circles high above us with an expert eye searching for a kill, while the rustle and scrape much closer is only Bunty taking one of her famous tumbles and glaring up at us from below, arms all scraped and scuffed while we tinkle out laughter and let it gently shower her ails and all the while the bees buzz and the mallows toast and smoke drifts sinuous into our branches and Lamberts pipe sends aromatica redolent with christmas mornings amongst us, green slightly damp leaves stroking the fine hairs on my forearm and me, wishing for a dip and maybe to tickle some old grumpy trout from under the bank just to feel his perfect skin.

Too demanding now to bear any longer, we slither lithe boles and tramp soft grass between our toes in the headlong gangly race to Cooks creations, fighting without demure to be the first to smear unrelenting dripping piping hot mallow across our lips, and again poor Bunty who burns her tongue.

I'm sorry, whatty?

Lizzie xx

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 6:03 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    I'm sorry, whatty?

Did someone say something?  I was in the middle of reading a good book when I thought I heard a voice.  A familiar voice it was.

Now I've lost my place; I'm going to have to start from the beginning again.  If only I knew where the beginning was.

RSS