Forums

Help › Forums

Your real game

Sat, Feb 25 2012 7:47 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dcwel
    7 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 3:10 PM

Fantastic game and absolutely enjoying it .... introduced it yesterday to one of my regular golf buddies who does not go near a computer (not even for email) and I think he is now thinking about it. 

My question to you experienced ones out there ..... does this game affect your real game in anyway negatively or positively? My buddy asked me this .....spring is near!!

dcwel

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 4:47 PM

lol...positively....!!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 5:14 PM

mara43:

lol...positively....!!

same , positive   i am sure

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 5:52 PM

There is no connection to actual ball-striking, however where WGT play has impacted my real-life golf game is in better course management. By this I mean playing to your own personal strengths, and in playing to set yourself up for the next shot.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 7:27 PM

This silly game is messing up my real game. My wrist hurts all the time  from being cramped trying to ding the dinger.   lol

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 3:57 PM

gr8flbob:
    where WGT play has impacted my real-life golf game is in better course management

Same here.   

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 4:49 PM

I get to golf in the winter now. Thats a plus.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 5:17 PM

Makes me appreciate real golf more. To be able to walk 2 ft into an out of bounds area and retrieve my 3 dollar ball, what a blessing. I will take the penalty every time, knowing I have not lost that new ball. Makes you love that bogey, instead of cursing it. And you can yell to the beverage cart girl and have a cold beer.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 5:29 PM

dcwel:
    does this game affect your real game in anyway negatively or positively?

Without a doubt. Like was mentioned, the course management is clearer and I never owned a 60 degree wedge until I started playing here. Instead of whacking away and dealing with the results I think about what I want to do now. Execution is another story.  

I play with my son who is also into this game and it's a constant WGT this and WGT that during the round. It really makes it fun.  :-)

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:08 PM

I wish I had moving dots on real greens.

• PAGES
RSS