• PAGES
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 6:45 AM

A decent 3 wood would help Mr Shadow.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 6:48 AM

Well the thing is, you need to play the requisite number of ranked rounds per tier AND achieve the required average to move up. It is not one or the other, but both, thus ensuring in a sort of way, that one is ready to move up to faster green speeds and sometimes, longer tees.

The level has no bearing on being moved to a new tier, such as Tour Pro to Master.

Some people use this system in order to be given the opportunity to buy better equipment, since the higher the Level, the more becomes available, whilst remaining relatively low in terms of Tiers. If that player then uses this to his advantage by playing off shorter Tees with better equipment, against others who do not share that advantage, some would call that sand bagging, or basically cheating the system. I would venture to suggest that those players are more than likely on a second or subsequent playing account having spent time here with their initial account learning the ropes.

Many players who have only just begun, or who are still on their first account, are not yet aware of how to game in this way and are thus made easy prey for those who find it necessary to create multiple accounts.

On WGT at the moment, are several legends (and others) whose second accounts (and subsequent) show remarkably good player skills for so-called lower tiered players. Whilst this is by no means a new phenomenon, it is nontheless deplorable and in so many ways, laughable, that a persons ego has to stoop that low in order to bring some kind of inner peace to the perpetrator.

Those who came by their legend status on their second account exhibit these traits and are mocked by their peers as foolish and child-like in their quest for acceptance in the big boys club. Some however, have managed by bribery, stealth and duplicity, to hoodwink their fellow conspirators into believing them genuine. 

I am cognisant of the fact that I have strayed just a little from the original post, but in the interests of public enlightenment, it is just as well that anyone new to Wgt, has an insight into what, how and who abuses the system, the system that each and every one of us pays for in the belief that we do so with honesty, integrity and honour, despite these fools for nothing, who do not feel the need for such noble attributes.

Lizzie xx

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 1:10 PM

LizzieRossetti:

Well the thing is, you need to play the requisite number of ranked rounds per tier AND achieve the required average to move up. It is not one or the other, but both, thus ensuring in a sort of way, that one is ready to move up to faster green speeds and sometimes, longer tees.

The level has no bearing on being moved to a new tier, such as Tour Pro to Master.

Some people use this system in order to be given the opportunity to buy better equipment, since the higher the Level, the more becomes available, whilst remaining relatively low in terms of Tiers. If that player then uses this to his advantage by playing off shorter Tees with better equipment, against others who do not share that advantage, some would call that sand bagging, or basically cheating the system. I would venture to suggest that those players are more than likely on a second or subsequent playing account having spent time here with their initial account learning the ropes.

Many players who have only just begun, or who are still on their first account, are not yet aware of how to game in this way and are thus made easy prey for those who find it necessary to create multiple accounts.

On WGT at the moment, are several legends (and others) whose second accounts (and subsequent) show remarkably good player skills for so-called lower tiered players. Whilst this is by no means a new phenomenon, it is nontheless deplorable and in so many ways, laughable, that a persons ego has to stoop that low in order to bring some kind of inner peace to the perpetrator.

Those who came by their legend status on their second account exhibit these traits and are mocked by their peers as foolish and child-like in their quest for acceptance in the big boys club. Some however, have managed by bribery, stealth and duplicity, to hoodwink their fellow conspirators into believing them genuine. 

I am cognisant of the fact that I have strayed just a little from the original post, but in the interests of public enlightenment, it is just as well that anyone new to Wgt, has an insight into what, how and who abuses the system, the system that each and every one of us pays for in the belief that we do so with honesty, integrity and honour, despite these fools for nothing, who do not feel the need for such noble attributes.

Lizzie xx

Bubba, he likes this, Bubba, he agree!

Jeff

• 1100SHADOW
    48 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 5:16 AM

Thanks for he links Mr oilyrag, your right, my mistake, and judging by the info in those links i take it to move up, my lowest score from the last however many ranked rounds count towards lowering my average, is that right?

As I said in my post, my average at the moment has me + or - 1 of par, which means I have got to shoot below par more often and more consistently to further reduce my average and go to next tier.

I could just play the same course over and over or start a new account as has been suggested goes on and probably achieve that, but that's not what I want to do, I would still only achieve the skill level im at now, albeit quicker, whats the point in that.

I have tried using the better balls, and they definatly help me to play better, but I am trying to save up the credits to get a better iron set, and buying balls uses up my credits quicker than I can earn them, so using the free ones is holding me at my current level, I can see it's a mix of different things that help you improve, finding that right mix is part of the fun I think.

As regards to having a better 3 wood, I was using a hybrid with a 200 yds so I put back a normal 3 wood to get that extra 5 yds, and that also makes a difference in my play.

I do enjoy playing this game, so as I said im just not quite good enough yet to go up to master tier, so Ill keep trying to live up to my signature and beat the last person I played.

MYSELF. 

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 6:15 AM

Just a question if I may,

I have been at Master tier for a while now and I am stuck at an average of 64.13.

Try as I might I just can't seem to shoot any lower than this. I've tried the font 9's and the back 9's on all the lower par course but to no avail.

1/. How do I find out how many ranked games I have played at my present tier. I have a total of 1027 at present.

2/. I have all the best equipment but still can't seem to break my average. I know I have to get below 32 on 9 holes and 64 on 18. Any suggestions please.

MEL1950 

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 6:17 AM

1100SHADOW:

par is irrelevant, a score of 71 or lower will reduce your average ( for 9 holes multiply by 2 )

the starter ball are perfectly adequate, i use them.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 7:06 AM

1100SHADOW:
    Im not sure it works that way, I have a 121 ranked rounds at the moment as a Tour pro, Level 75 and my average is 70.36, because I am struggling to play under par, managed a couple of rounds under to get to where I am now, but unless I significantly reduce my par, it's gonna be a slow process and can see me ending up at level 90 something still a Tour pro.

But I will keep chipping away and hopefully get better, because at the moment ,I'm just not good enough to progress.

I'm in your boat pal. and it works perfectly this way!

The average drops slowly because the good results accumulate. a 35 here, a 66 there, then an fabulous 32 (on Kiawah though), and all of a sudden I'm at a 69-something average. It took me 160 ranked rounds as a Tour Pro but that's about the fun of it!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 7:22 AM

mel1950:
    I have been at Master tier for a while now and I am stuck at an average of 64.13.

Try as I might I just can't seem to shoot any lower than this. I've tried the font 9's and the back 9's on all the lower par course but to no avail.

1/. How do I find out how many ranked games I have played at my present tier. I have a total of 1027 at present.

2/. I have all the best equipment but still can't seem to break my average. I know I have to get below 32 on 9 holes and 64 on 18. Any suggestions please.

ad 1) You won't find it out any more, because the score history only keeps about 200 results. From these 200, you played about 35 CTTH and Blitz games. There are "only" 135 ranked rounds left.

From these, only 30 are below 70 (or 35), and all of them do not combine to your average. Therefore, some of the good results must have been pushed out of the records already.

ad 2) The best thing I can say is "Think positive!" First step might be to replace your profile picture(?) :o)

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 9:44 AM

alosso:
    ad 2) The best thing I can say is "Think positive!" First step might be to replace your profile picture(?) :o)

Thanks alosso.

I do think positive every game I play but, when you get 5 birdies on the trot and then the last two holes you suddenly start coming up short on your putts and you have stupid lip-outs when you haven't changed any aspect of your game and you end up with two double bogies , It tends to deflate you a bit. May well have been my fault, But EVERY time!!!!!!!!!!

And I never thought about my Profile Picture. Yeh, You are right, It might be pi$$ing WGT off. LOL I think I' change it:~))

Mel

• PAGES
RSS