Forums

Help › Forums

Chatting it up!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 20 2012 10:00 AM (3 replies)
  • Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:22 AM

Moods may vary.  If I don't feel like chatting I shouldn't have to.  If I don't feel like saying, nice shot, when clearly it was.  Why should I?  Now,  got a little hack because player's can't play 9 hole round feeling like I have to say something to them about their game.  I'm sure you've made birdies before, I don't have to tell you nice bird every time. Chatting is a distraction for me anyway, you don't like it, I really don't give a ***.  If your not typing to chat w/me, I don't mind that.  JUST PLAY YOUR ROUND!  Three players in a round, I can choose not to type.  Not taking sportsmanship from the game or anyone, just saying, being allow to just play the round without typing is all right.  I don't think it should cause anyone to say anything about a person, especially to call them arrogant.  Just happen to me, and that ram my rose real good.  PLAY YOUR ROUND, and let me play mine.  Sure I enjoy rounds with other's much more so than alone, but don't try & call me out because I don't chat with you.  Besides, I not that good at this game anyway to type & play.  If there be a 4 player round and 3 are chatting it up. Fine with me, I wish there was a damn on & off switch to that damn chat light so it wouldn't annoy me when it flashes before I attempt to make a nice shot.  Player's sending chat messages in the middle of other's putts & swings, I can only imagine.  Chat if you like, but if I choose not to, then that's just me wanting to play the round.  I'm not playing the round to chat the whole damn round with you.  That's not enough, chat later play now.   Hole 9 or 18!

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:55 AM

I can empathise with you here, can I suggest leaving open the chat window ?

This way you can tune it out and you don't get the orange light going off.

Lizzie xx

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:55 AM

WOW, for a guys who doesn't like to chat, you know how to drag an issue out. :-)

I do happen to agree with you though, sometimes I just don't feel like chatting. I find that to mention that you're not feeling chatty in the beginning of the round will usually solve the "problem" of the other playing thinking that you're a bad sportsman, etc. It's really very difficult to be in a good mood and want to chat to the world all the time.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 10:00 AM

Can you tell players you dont chat and you will say bye at the end of the game ........it appens to me some time; i get i dont chat .........then i say  no prob it keeps me quiet ,and in the game .      keep in mind some players like to chat,sometime its the only reason they play........even in real golf ,you could be by yourself,  and just as your about to swing a bird flyes  in front of you ,do you stop playing and give the bird  the bird ,LOL   its part of the game to    not let anything distract you from your shot ....my 2 cents .....some players talk to much on the chat box i agree ,i pay no never mind ,,,hope you get over this litle prob .........  :)

RSS