Forums

Help › Forums

Time for an explanation

Tue, Feb 21 2012 4:07 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 11:59 AM

I have read more than enough posts over the last several weeks, regarding putting, and the problems people are having all of a sudden. I have commented about a few strange things I have encountered. What I am seeing today is way, way, way beyond belief. I was just playing Kia back nine. First hole birdie, second hole birdie, third hole birdie, fourth hole had a 1.4 ft putt lip out, fifth hole had a 1.8 ft putt lip out. sixth hole had a 1.6 ft putt stop .02 short, after hitting it a full 2 ft. This is not mis-judging the speed, aiming wrong, or any of the other brilliant explanations. This is just plain BULL$HIT. There are several Legends in the club I belong to, and they are complaining on the club forums about total nonsense. I have had my share of issues lately and have not complained. What I am seeing today is totally a result of something going on at WGT. I have just wrote it up to bad luck, or being off a hair, not after this. Had to let it out. If you have had these problems lately, please comment. If you are not having these issues, please don't come back with the I'm the greatest smart a$$ remarks. It will only lower my admiration for you.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 12:23 PM

Yeah, sounds pretty screwy to me too Ren. Sorry to hear that.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 12:31 PM

I've noticed no differences.Just saying.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 12:52 PM

Has me all miss-confuddled here. Just played again, 4 putts from 18 to 26 feet went dead in for birdies. Had 3 putts again from less than 5 ft, very little movement and they lipped out or stopped short. The shorter putts seem to be off. Hell made one last night from 103 feet for an eagle. Saved the replay, but it's not on my stats, it was a one holer for the cdp.

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 1:05 PM

I feel for you renniw52 because I was having exactly the same problems, meter jumps exactly when water came into  play, balls coming up short but especially on the putting green. The ball would come up short when thousands of times before it would just go in. Breaking right or left 4 inches short of the hole became hard right or left.

The way I got round it was to play no lag shots at all and give enough to reach the hole so breaks didn't become an issue. Of course that meant dealing with longer shots back on missed putts. I honestly felt like throwing the towel in until I was given some advice by someone who had been there before me,I quote,thanks Richard,

"@Cheats, its the way the program is designed. The better you play, the more random the shots become. The better players battle the shot randomness constantly and just play around it.

As far as your meter problems go, there are many things you can do to smooth out your meter as you may well know.

Keep at it, we all have bad days and weeks from time to time. Even the good players will attest to that."

You are really close to climbing on to the Legend tier ren, just look at it as if its your final test ,so suck it up and just think WGT are throwing everything at you so you don't make it. Its the way I looked at it and it gave me the final push I needed to get over that elusive Legend line. We are all rooting for you, so come on, stomach in chest out and get over that line and thats an order.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 1:14 PM

interesting observations..

I noticed much the same thing.  Playing in a club tournament and they had the greens set up for very fast greens.  hole #1 had a 7.6 foot level putt no break, I hit it at 7 and it stopped short left a 1.1 putt in for par.  birdied the next two holes then get to 4 and had a great approach shot that left me a 4.4 putt, straight as an arrow, hit it at 5 and it does a 90 degree off the lip and goes like 3.5 to the left of the hole.  It has been like that for a few days now and is getting frustrating.  At this point I am not 100% sure it's all me, I usually do pretty well with putting but this is really annoying to say the least.

What changed?  Was it the last revision update or what is it?

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 1:56 PM

still version 1.88.04 for a few weeks now, but I have noticed the same weirdness in putts.

My putting has been getting much better lately after a few good tips, rarely miss under 5 feet, more 1 putts for birdying, etc.... 

But the last week or maybe just the last few days I've noticed the same things, lip-outs, stopping short by .2 or less, putts that should break don't, and ones that shouldn't do.

I thought I might need one of those TIN FOIL HATS that are floating around.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 2:04 PM

Thanks for the words IHC, I always hang there. LMFAO at the moment, just missed a 1.1 ft putt on nbr 18 at SA. Yes a 1.1 ft putt, flat as a board, tapped it and it did a perfect C, now that is totally impossible. As soon as the putter touched the ball it curved. I'm doing exactly what WGT wants us to do. I have bought a new sleeve of balls today. Loyalty, my friends, loyalty.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 4:01 PM

I strongly believe it's happening to pull the scores more towards reality. If you're not in the middle of the cup it's gonna lip out unless you drop it in dead weight. The top players hit the middle of the cup more so they hole more putts. Simple as that.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 4:17 PM

Check out my replays to see how bad it has gotten. All those putts where hit perfectly, but im sure im going to get the usual "HIT IT TOO HARD, DIDNT READ THE BREAK" comments. There is definitely something not right.

• PAGES
RSS