Forums

Help › Forums

Friends showing green and not accepting invites.

Wed, Feb 22 2012 5:35 AM (27 replies)
  • Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:03 PM

renniw52:

I saw no reason to comment beyond that.

IMO, I see no reason to comment at all on "that" simply because it's really none of your/our business why friends showing green are not accepting invites.  Recently I saw a profile with a female avatar; showing they had over 1500 so-called "friends".  It's gone beyond ridiculous! :)  Period.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 8:54 PM

LizzieRossetti:

I can take eleven days to finish a round now we have that awesome piece of kit, the retry button.

Hmmm....envisioning Lizzie playing for 11 days...

Wait...did I just type that out loud for everyone to read?

Back to my hole.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 8:58 PM

On topic now.

Can feel Ren's frustration, send multiple invite to those who you have friended, and get no response.

I'm in Ren, toss'em if they don't want to play, maybe a nice note in a message stating "hey,been trying to get a game with you for a few day's, but no response"

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 9:31 PM

Maybe they could implement an "Idle" function.

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 2:14 AM

manabouttown11:

Maybe they could implement an "Idle" function.

This is a good idea.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 2:18 AM

nah, cba...

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 2:27 AM

BolloxInBruges:

Woodoworkery:

not really, you could have less shots ,but take 1 1/2 min. per shot

It was an assumption (similar to his assumption that I spend 18 hours a day playing), I generally finish an 18 hole RG in around 30 minutes, most people typically would take longer than that.

Off topic slightly...

Iconian once told me that he and Price used to play about 12 minutes for a 9 hole round.

So I tried to do this, and sped my play up a lot for a few rounds to do it in 12 minutes. (sometimes 16 mins, sometimes less)

I found I played better ironically. I wasn't focusing so hard on hitting the ding or lining up the putts meticulously, instead I just played the shot as I saw it as fast as I could. I guess all the lessons I learnt from when I first started playing kicked in subconsciously...or something.

But it seems to be working for me so far. Things aren't looking THAT great since I turned Legend...But playing faster definitely helps. For me anyway.

• jordanisawesome
    620 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 5:35 AM

renniw52:
    Looks like it is time to let some old buddies go. I have sent several invites tonight, and let it go until the invite runs out. No hard feelings

They could be like me, i rarely ever log off, i just shut the window, Amy (JAFO12) was trying to teach me to log off so im not green when im not their.

RSS