Forums

Help › Forums

tricky one for Yankee Jim

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 25 2012 12:14 PM (25 replies)
  • jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 4:17 PM

T^hanks Yankee Jim- I had also tried pitch.... but never full wedge- the formula on the link will also help.... will file that away for future use.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 5:07 PM

jwhistler31:

T^hanks Yankee Jim- I had also tried pitch.... but never full wedge- the formula on the link will also help.... will file that away for future use.

Have never got it to work well. Tried hitting a flop but it just bumps the ball about 2 ft. got the wedge to hit it but did not go very far. Wish someone would share the "trick" to this.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:04 AM

I understand but not sure, it may be full shot double distance.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:17 AM

TracyMax:

jwhistler31:

Have never got it to work well. Tried hitting a flop but it just bumps the ball about 2 ft. got the wedge to hit it but did not go very far. Wish someone would share the "trick" to this.

Before callaways it used to be full wedge double the distance.   Now with the spin of the nikes and callaways I use double distance + 18-20%

Cheers,

b0gey

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 8:11 AM

Jim, we all know you are too proud to hit a wedge on the green! You would rather tack over toward the hole with the putter. Even if the town of St. Andrews in WGT land is like The Andromeda Strain, what if there's a live couple in the backseat of one of those parked cars who escaped the photoshop of death, and they peek out and see you - Yankee Jim! - hitting a wedge on the green! The news would get back to the Bronx before you can say Raspberry!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 8:26 AM

zagraniczniak:
    Jim, we all know you are too proud to hit a wedge on the green!

LOL. It would be more like that proverbial snowball in the hot place!  It isn't a matter of being proud at all, I just learned how to putt. Plus, even after reading all about how to do it, I still wouldn't have a clue how to execute the shot. Ask the 3 guys in the AS match where they saw me dunk that putt in the first post.  ;-)

Would you have wedged this putt after driving the green at SA 7?  

Or this one when you flub the approach at RSG......

Whatever works...........

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 9:25 AM

High end CW 60 wedge full backspin full shot aiming 2 grid squares to highside of hole if dinged should put you within a  yard of hole with callie 1z ball.

for the 17th at ST A,s shot

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 12:58 PM

100plus:

High end CW 60 wedge full backspin full shot aiming 2 grid squares to highside of hole if dinged should put you within a  yard of hole with callie 1z ball.

for the 17th at ST A,s shot

I hate chipping on the greens, but in a situation where the OP got into,  This shot does work.

-Roger

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 1:39 PM

mantis0014:
    I hate chipping on the greens, but in a situation where the OP got into,  This shot does work

What kind of affect does missing the ding have?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 2:09 PM

YankeeJim:

mantis0014:
    I hate chipping on the greens, but in a situation where the OP got into,  This shot does work

What kind of affect does missing the ding have?

Shorter distance

RSS