Help › Forums

Are you a racer?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 28 2012 4:28 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 2:56 AM

I used to love playing Colin McRae Rally and TOCA (British Touring Cars), they were awesome racing games.  I have a steering wheel for racing games (hooked up to an old desktop) and when I first started playing CMR I would be on it for so long that I got saw thumbs and fingers. So I ended up wearing gloves to protect the hands, but the only ones that i could find were some thick gardening gloves.  After that, if I didn't wear those gloves it didn't feel right and I invariably either crashed or put in a slow time.  I was mighty proud though when I finally got the gold trophy in all countries.  I do remember a couple of times crashing and so deciding to go on a further crashing spree to see how much the car could be damaged.  And boy could it get damaged!

TOCA was damn hard to start with and I usually came last in every race.  But once I had figured out how to drive I was able to win that too.  It was really annoying though when someone would come up behind me, give the bumper a tap and spin me off... damn cheats!

That was all played on Windows 98.  But due to Win98 not being compatible with USB sockets I upgraded to Win2000; unfortunately TOCA 2 (the version I had) wasn't compatible with Win2000, and my computer wasn't powerful enough for the later versions.  I've played CMR a couple of times since and can't believe how bad I am again!

Oh yeah, I meant to say racer, not racist! 

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 3:36 AM

Pah!

I could pan you outright in Ponyville.

Not to mention Show Jumping on xbox live.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 3:49 AM

Deal!

Or no deal?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 4:21 AM

MioKontic:
    So I ended up wearing gloves to protect the hands, but the only ones that i could find were some thick gardening gloves.

I may try this for my WGT golf game lol.  Would be kind of strange though when I am trying to sneak in a round at work.

Entertaining read though Mio.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 7:46 AM

I wear a black Nike golf glove to have a better grip on the mouse.  Doesn't everyone wear a glove?!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:32 AM

Doublemochaman:
      Doesn't everyone wear a glove?!

I don't...maybe I should lol.    Could explain my over the top mouse click ;-)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 9:11 AM

And on that note Hpurey, when sitting and playing WGT on your computer your connection with the floor is equally important.  I recommend FootJoy golf shoes.  And if you get overly excited when making an eagle, then Dry-Joys.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 9:17 AM

Doublemochaman:
    I recommend FootJoy golf shoes.  And if you get overly excited when making an eagle, then Dry-Joys.

LMFAO!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 10:51 AM

Doublemochaman:

I wear a black Nike golf glove to have a better grip on the mouse.  Doesn't everyone wear a glove?!

Certainly, but on the left hand, mate, since all avatars are righthanded.

Then I use the mouse with my right hand.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 11:14 AM

I am not a racer ...........i did race every day for one year to become Legend( in my own mind :)...................i  some time put a real golf ball in my mouth ,it keeps me from  saying stupid things like this .  ok  i am puting the ball back in my mouth LOL........

• PAGES
RSS