Forums

Help › Forums

hitting the driver that that flies totally opposite of where you aimed in fairway

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:37 AM (4 replies)
  • mac88888
    4 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2012 5:57 PM

i started playing this wgt tour about 3 weeks ago. I am shooting right now as a pro level 40.i know that when you play different hancp. players your course is set up differently than theirs,etc. wind or whatever. 1st, is that correct? 2nd,why does the driver,which i still use the no brainer,ez starter totally flies off in the wrong direction @certian holes?

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 6:13 AM

mac88888:

i started playing this wgt tour about 3 weeks ago. I am shooting right now as a pro level 40.i know that when you play different hancp. players your course is set up differently than theirs,etc. wind or whatever. 1st, is that correct? 2nd,why does the driver,which i still use the no brainer,ez starter totally flies off in the wrong direction @certian holes?

The courses are not set up differently  in that sense mac. Players with higher tiers tee off from tees further back depending on whether they are Legends or Tour Pros or whatever, and you can check these distances on the top right corner of the screen when a player tees off. The speed of the greens are determined by the highest ranked player in the game you are playing in. If a Legend is playing then the speed of the greens are tournament speed for everybody playing in that game, decreasing in speed according to the highest ranked player in that game being played.

As for the driver flying off in the wrong direction,are you moving the blue aim triangle(B.A.T.) before you tee off to a place on the fairway you want it the ball to start off on or finish on?

What I do is take into account the wind direction and speed of the wind and drag the BAT to a place on the fairway I want the ball to start off with. On certain holes and courses the Bat must be dragged into rough or even the fescue to allow for the wind to bring the ball back onto the fairway and it is just experience that allows you to know just how far you need to adjust  with the wind speed and angle taken into account to get the ball to land where you want it to.

The top horizontal line on the BAT is about 15 yards across so if you put the left or right point of the BAT line beside a marker point, a bush , tree, bunker or the flagstick on the course then the right or left point of the BAT is 15 yards right or left of that point. Don't forget that the aim line is in the middle of the BAT so the distance to the edge of the horizontal BAT line is about 7 and a half yards each side of  the aim line. Just learn to hit the ball on the ding line after you adjust the BAT and you shouldn't have too many bad results from this method.

• sardono
    114 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 6:43 AM

mac88888:

i started playing this wgt tour about 3 weeks ago.

2nd,why does the driver,which i still use the no brainer,ez starter totally flies off in the wrong direction @certian holes?

LMAO

Ditch the EZ Swing driver asap.

I can't believe you made it to pro level with that (pos) thing. That is only supposed to be used by people that have no clue, on how to use the meter.

Do the survey's, watch the videos, save up credits and buy some clubs from the pro shop.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 7:21 AM

I read here that the EZ Swing clubs trade precision for comfort.

The metered Starter clubs are in the equipment section, just change to them for better results (when you ding them).

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:37 AM

sardono:

LMAO

Ditch the EZ Swing driver asap.

+1

RSS