Forums

Help › Forums

Practice, Practice Practice!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 4 2010 8:32 PM (6 replies)
  • GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 11:40 AM

The standard answer to the majority of questions here related to improving your average score is "Practice, Practice" and of course this is correct.

My question/Suggestion is:

Just as in a ranked round, practice rounds wear out golf balls durability and they are renewed unfortunately far too soon.

In the interest of encouraging players to practice, I believe it would help if wgt could either extend the durability of balls used in practice mode or something similar?

Please don't reply with "Use starter balls for practice"

Unlike good professional golfers in the real game, most or all players here at wgt are unable to find sponsors to pay our way:)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 11:58 AM

GC-Good idea but I doubt it would fly any more than using your own balls at the local driving range. However, you can combine practice and competition in the free weeklies. Enter them all and if the round turns out to be a bust turn it into a practice round. It's no sin to quit on yourself so take advantage of the rest of the holes and practice away. Pound away at the unlimited doing the same thing. This way when you do put it all together you'll be in position to post a good score. 

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 12:28 PM

YankeeJim:

GC-Good idea but I doubt it would fly any more than using your own balls at the local driving range. However, you can combine practice and competition in the free weeklies. Enter them all and if the round turns out to be a bust turn it into a practice round. It's no sin to quit on yourself so take advantage of the rest of the holes and practice away. Pound away at the unlimited doing the same thing. This way when you do put it all together you'll be in position to post a good score. 

The local golf course does have  practice Fairway/Green/Bunkers:)

YJ,

Thanks for your response but unfortunately you missed the point entirely.

Example.

Player wishes to learn/practice BP#7 needs to play first 6 holes before getting chance at  the particular hole he/she has been having difficulties with.

This means about 12 shots are coming off balls life just to practice 1 Fairway/Rough/Sand/Green for a maximum of 10 shots?

Even the best here must have more than 1 hole that they consider to be awkward and requires a lot of practice?

If the Tour SD balls that I use lasted longer in practice mode then perhaps the game would become a bit more achievable for the average joes budget.

In my opinion tourneys are not the place to practice.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:06 PM

GoldCard:

Player wishes to learn/practice BP#7 needs to play first 6 holes before getting chance at  the particular hole he/she has been having difficulties with.

This means about 12 shots are coming off balls life just to practice 1 Fairway/Rough/Sand/Green for a maximum of 10 shots?

Said that way I understand. How about an option to pick the hole in practice? That would be sweet. As for tourneys you're right but when the round turns to garbage on BPB15 there's a chance to fool around learning something.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:17 PM

YankeeJim:

Said that way I understand. How about an option to pick the hole in practice? That would be sweet. As for tourneys you're right but when the round turns to garbage on BPB15 there's a chance to fool around learning something.

Yep! Would be great to be able to nominate individual holes for practice (Dreams are free lol)

• Morgeo
    52 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 8:23 PM

To be able to select a particular hole to practice would be good.

I have a problem trying to practice on my own as I cannot seem to find a way of selecting it.

• tn132
    6 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 8:32 PM

The local golf course does have  practice Fairway/Green/Bunkers:)

YJ,

It would also be nice to have some practice greens to try and practice your putting, especially with the inconsistencies of the new greens levels.

RSS