Help › Forums

i've hit the wall

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 6 2012 1:21 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 11:11 AM

that's it folks,got to lvl 85- avg 63.2, and in the last 7days i have hit -4par once and can just about break par now wot am i doing wrong it's driving me nuts.Have i hit the wall,any advice welcome.Can't hit the ding just way 2early or way2 late:(

cheers all 

pdx

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 11:17 AM

Sometimes when we try too hard, we fail to achieve. When my game sucks, which is often, I try to play purely social games, have a laugh and not worry bout the score. Bashing away by yourself when it's not working just gets you more frustrated. Relax, have some fun for a couple of days, then have another crack, the 63 will come, you are certainly a good enough player.

Cheers Kindle 

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 12:18 PM

hi Kindle

thanks for the kind words,your probably right with trying to hard.I am trying so hard to get to tour master that it is making me up tight,the harder i try the worse it gets.I did have 24hours off the game hoping that would do it but no luck.Will start playing friends again.

cheers mate take care

pdx

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:02 PM

I know several players who have gone through phases where their game went all to hell, it seems to happen to most players at some stage.  One guy in our CC had it so bad we named a miss-the-ding-causing-disease after him.  He's now a legend with a 57.09 average so no doubt about him finding his A-game again.

When it happened to me I played a bit less and then mostly friendly games, after a couple of weeks my game came back again.  One other trick I've heard is to swap to a different set of clubs, have a look through your bag and play the next best set you have in there for a while.  Don't forget to clear your Flash cache if you do this though.  And again when you change back.  One guy in the club did this and it helped but maybe he just happened to go back to his usual clubs at the same time as his game got better again.

Don't let it get to you, you will get through it.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:18 PM

cheers MainzMan

will try that and play friends 2

best wishes

pdx

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:20 PM

My own experience,  when it happens, (about once a month) I play with the freebee ball and do ctth, and blitz.  Helps to sharpen my reaction to the faster swing meter, so when i go back mine seems SLOW!  my nickle, hope it helps.

• drakeshead
    285 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:24 PM

This is a tip that Tess gave me when I was master she said to go on kiawah and play off the white or blue tees and only play with your irons don't use your woods and practice all the different shots with your irons

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:34 PM

lee22sharon:

My own experience,  when it happens, (about once a month) I play with the freebee ball and do ctth, and blitz.  Helps to sharpen my reaction to the faster swing meter, so when i go back mine seems SLOW!  my nickle, hope it helps.

hi lee 

that is a mighty fine idea,i shall try that ty.

best wishes

pdx

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:36 PM

hi drakeshead

kiawah is 1 of my favorite courses so i shall give it a whirl-irons only of course.

cheers

pdx

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 2:01 PM

Everybody has been in the same boat at one time or another pdx and it seems the more you try the worse it gets. The other posters have given good advice especially with the free balls and that will break the boredom.

What I did was to change the routine by trying 100% to hit every fairway and green in regulation, even giving up distance to make sure, because it changed the focus of trying to get that 61 average to move up a tier. After a few rounds my stats improved and the game returned to normal and the scores just came back.

Maybe it was just a coincidence but I found I was playing from better positions on the fairways and that made approaches a lot easier to get near the pins.

Give me a shout and I will play a couple of rounds with you and give a couple of pointers to help you if you like, it may or not help.

• PAGES
RSS