i've hit the wall

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 6 2012 1:21 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 2:28 PM

hi 

thats very good advice on giving up distance for better placement,i shall try that to.invite on ite way.

regards

pdx

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 2:48 PM

I can hit all nine shots on the Kiawah CTTH without adding any backspin, roll, or otherwise getting too creative. Hole #1 is an 8i just left of the pin (adjusted for wind), hole #2, a full PW, etc...

Kiawah CTTH is my ball-striking practice round. If I get out of whack, can't ding shots, can't remember what my clubs are supposed to do, or otherwise suck, I pack up my bag and head over to Kiawah CTTH and get back to basics.

Sometimes I play twice. If I'm just not getting it, I might even play 3 times. Usually once is enough to put me back on course.

The reason this is so helpful is because I don't have to over think it. Just aim and hit, aim and hit...

For me it's Kiawah CTTH, for others, it might be a full round, and others may just enjoy putting on a specific green. The main thing is getting back to what feels comfortable and easy, if only for a few moments.

Forget about challenging yourself when you're not hitting, just put yourself in a position to remember what hitting well feels like, then take it back out to the course.

Everybody slumps, even in virtual golf. Eventually, you'll play better than you ever have before. Just got to play through the crappy rounds to get there. gl and hf.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2012 5:05 AM

godelescher:

I can hit all nine shots on the Kiawah CTTH without adding any backspin, roll, or otherwise getting too creative. Hole #1 is an 8i just left of the pin (adjusted for wind), hole #2, a full PW, etc...

Kiawah CTTH is my ball-striking practice round. If I get out of whack, can't ding shots, can't remember what my clubs are supposed to do, or otherwise suck, I pack up my bag and head over to Kiawah CTTH and get back to basics.

Sometimes I play twice. If I'm just not getting it, I might even play 3 times. Usually once is enough to put me back on course.

The reason this is so helpful is because I don't have to over think it. Just aim and hit, aim and hit...

For me it's Kiawah CTTH, for others, it might be a full round, and others may just enjoy putting on a specific green. The main thing is getting back to what feels comfortable and easy, if only for a few moments.

Forget about challenging yourself when you're not hitting, just put yourself in a position to remember what hitting well feels like, then take it back out to the course.

Everybody slumps, even in virtual golf. Eventually, you'll play better than you ever have before. Just got to play through the crappy rounds to get there. gl and hf.

cheers godelescher

thanks for more helpful advice,will try all thats been given to me.

take care

pdx

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 7:42 AM

At 63.15 you're very close, as you know.  One or two good rounds will put you at 63, and a bad round can't hurt you, so no pressure.

When approaching TM, I used the "front 9 St.A" method since birdies (and disaster, too) are a little easier to come by there.  In retrospect I probably should have just let things happen naturally, but there it is.  In truth St. A is and always has been my favorite course, I guess because my ancestors probably played or caddied there.

Am slumping a bit now, but the good news is that a slump means par or a couple under, so everything's copasetic, really.  I think the best advice is to relax and remember why most of us are here in the first place, to enjoy the game.

Best of luck and no worries, that wall will crumble soon.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:20 AM

Hi mkg335

thanks for the kind words,just need to relax and start to enjoy the damn game again and ST A front 9 is my fave for getting the avg down,just lost my rhythm and it's driving me mad.

thanks again

pdx

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:57 AM

i think its part of the game ,on each tiers form Pro to Legend,i have hit the wall  ,TM,and Legend ,i hited the same wall more then once .......everythings that was said here is verry good advise ,i find taking a one day break ,and playing a round with lesser balls ,helps me some time ........some time that wall stay there for 3--4 days .....keep at it  it will pass  some morning,you will be ok  i am sure .... :)

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:15 PM

hi frappeforte

all good advice and just realised why i was not hitting the ding much,i haven't cleared flash cache for 2weeks so hopefully normal service will be resumed.

cheers

pdx

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 1:12 PM

pdxdriver:

hi frappeforte

all good advice and just realised why i was not hitting the ding much,i haven't cleared flash cache for 2weeks so hopefully normal service will be resumed.

cheers

pdx

How do you clear flash cache?  I probably need to do that, too.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 1:21 PM

hi mkg

i just went up to the search box at top of this screen and typed in flash cache or clear flash,you should get a link off one of the posts.

cheers

pdx

• PAGES
RSS