Forums

Help › Forums

Sand Traps........program glitch.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 11 2012 3:42 AM (6 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 4:35 PM
    I know, I know. The BEST way to NOT have to have problems with ANY "sand trap".........is just stay out of the dang things. However, while playing a "match" today on ST. ANDREWS, my ball ended up at the bast of a tall stone retaining wall in a sand trap. I tried using a sand wedge to hit it out.....I actually hit it out of that sand trap on the "7th" try.......incredibly embarrasing!!! I couldn't even "concede" and move on to the next hole...with a little bit of "dignity"...geeezzzz. Seems that 95% of the time I'm in a similar situation (in the past)...I was able to hit my ball out with a "sand wedge". Am I the ONLY member with this issue? Also.......have come to learn that when playing MATCHES.....the tee box is further back on the holes than when I play the courses alone. Having "starter clubs" in this situation is a MAJOR disadvantage......you can't get the distance to even reach the fairways on several holes....you can easily loose a ball and 2 or 3 strokes. I guess this is just ONE way that WGT can "encourage" members to earn credits or points OR spend cash to upgrade to better clubs and balls. Because, I noticed that playing against members who were "ranked" better than me...had lower averages...they were playing with advanced equipment...they didn't have problems getting the "distance" they needed to reach the fairways. I think I'll spend some time watching videos and taking surveys.....need the credits, so I can upgrade my clubs.......don't really wish to spend cash here.
  • russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 6:49 PM

Hi did you try hitting out of sand trap by trying to go at pin? the best advice i can give is to come out sideways or backwards,as you should be able to get out that way,Works for me.Hope this helps :)

RUSSELL

• kmarline21
    442 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:08 PM

yes if the ball is right up on the wall hit out backwards

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:39 PM

Hello Russell......you and one other member mentions that you can hit the ball AWAY from the wall.....and NOT just towards the pin.  Can you explain to me HOW?  I've only been a member for 2 mos.....guess I still have a LOT to learn.  Hopefully, I won't find myself STUCK in another sand trap like this again.......but, I think ANYTHING is possible in the game of golf........*smile*  Thanks!

Bob

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:50 PM

Simply move the blue aiming box.  Aiming sideways will usually get you out of those bunkers.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 8:09 PM

OK..............got it.............THANKS! 

Bob

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 3:42 AM

When you visit those said sandpits again, could you please have a look to see if you can find my bucket and spade.  I know I had them a few days ago on St Andrews.  It's just that there's too many sandpits and I can't remember the last one I was in.  I guess the best way is to see where the sandcastles stop.

I would blame Lizzie for my excursions to said sandpits, on account that that is where she usually hits my ball... her ball... my ball is her ball, or her ball is my ball, whichever... but not a furball.  I would like to blame Lizzie, but I won't.  I can't.  And I'm not allowed to say why neither.

I'm getting a headache now.

Oh, by the way, the spade is yellow, about so long [holding hands about 12 inches apart in a horizontal plane] and the bucket is blue, about so big [hands about 8 inches apart in a vertical plane] which, when upside-down, looks like a castle with 4 towers.  It also has a yellow handle to match the colour of the spade.  Both are made of the best quality plastic.

I hope someone can find them.  I already asked Lizzie but she swears blind she never seens them, and the big bulge in her golf bag is 'other stuff' for sperimentin with.  She says.

RSS