Forums

Help › Forums

how Wgt determines tiers?

Sun, Mar 25 2012 10:57 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MartyBerro
    110 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 2:38 AM

Is there anybody who knows how tiers are computed.

ie I'm amateur level 22 - av.score -79.20, when I will pass up the tier?

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 9:11 PM

Your tier is determined on how many ranked stroke play rounds you play, and how well you score in them. Your history shows 5 ranked rounds as a Hack, after the last one you tiered up to Amateur. Each time you tier up, you average is reset, so if in your 1st round as a Amateur, you shoot 45 for 9 holes, your average will go up to 90 ie 2 x 45. After a number of rounds, i think 8-10 as a amateur, your average will only drop with a round below your average, and once it's low enough you will become a Pro, then tour pro etc. etc..

Ultimate goal is Legend, average sub 61.

play well, getting there is only half the game

• MartyBerro
    110 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 1:43 PM

Kindle2010:

Ultimate goal is Legend, average sub 61.

play well, getting there is only half the game

Great! I got it.

And the tier are Hack (-80), Amateur(??), pro(??), tour pro(??), master(??) and legend (-61)?

If you know the WGT rankings, could you give an order to the list and fill in the brackets?

TYI

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 2:00 PM

Steve442:

I'm sure this has been posted before:

Rank Rounds Average
    Hack 0 0
    Amateur 5 100
    Pro 10 80
    Tour Pro 20 72
    Master 30 67
    Tour Master 40 63
    Legend 50 61

You must be below the listed average to move up a tier.

You need minimum 10 ranked rounds as an amatuer  and average less than 80 to move to pro tier

• MartyBerro
    110 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 5:49 PM

RUNWME:

You need minimum 10 ranked rounds as an amatuer  and average less than 80 to move to pro tier

Ty, Rwm. Congrats. for your last victory at Bethp RG. I'm a fan of yours. Marty.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:54 PM

RUNWME:

Steve442:

I'm sure this has been posted before:

[...]

I'm afraid that some of these numbers aren't correct for at least three tiers. I won't tell them due to a agreement to keep them secret from sandbaggers.

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 2:07 AM

does anyone else remember being a Master with a 63.1 average and all of a sudden not being able to putt?

hmm...

Me either xD

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 6:45 AM

TrufflIE:
    does anyone else remember being a Master with a 63.1 average and all of a sudden not being able to putt?

LOL. Yes. And as a TM and as a Legend, now that you mention it. Some days you can't miss, other days you have no clue. ;-)

• MartyBerro
    110 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 11:26 AM

alosso:

I'm afraid that some of these numbers aren't correct for at least three tiers. I won't tell them due to a agreement to keep them secret from sandbaggers.

Actually, there's no need to

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 6:27 PM

YankeeJim:

LOL. Yes. And as a TM and as a Legend, now that you mention it. Some days you can't miss, other days you have no clue. ;-)

I seem to have more of the latter these days...

Ever since WGT decided I was deserving of being a Tour Master, I've been getting beat over the head with my own putter... couldn't find the broad side of a barn anymore...

I'm getting better now... I only miss a few 4ft putts a round lmao

• PAGES
RSS