Forums

Help › Forums

"Ball taken out of play"

Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:20 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 4:46 PM

Can someone please explain.....WHY?  For my first 2-1/2 mos. as a member (playing approx. 200 rounds with all "starter equipment"....I never once had a "ball taken out of play".  I realize these balls were "unlimited play".  But, after purchasing (6) upgrade balls with "credits"...2 of my balls were "taken out of play" after a tee shot.  BOTH balls definitely landed (in bounds - on the fairway or maybe just barely into the rough)...but, not by any means (out of bounds or out of play).  What gives?  I don't really plan on buying any balls and would only get additional balls IF I have "credits" to spend.  I don't mean to sound "cheap", because I'm not.....I just don't understand WHY...WGT felt it was OK to declare those 2 balls "out of play".  A little help, please.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 4:52 PM

Did you take a screen shot and send to WGT? I have lost hundreds of balls, but never one that was barely in the rough.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 5:01 PM

You do realize that balls have a DURABILITY index, they don't last forever like the Unlimited ones. 

If your shot was OOB then you would have had an extra stroke added and have to hit from the tee again.

since you didn't mention this I am guessing it wasn't OOB.

there is a little bar next to your ball that tells you how long your ball will last

When it disappears your ball is taken out of play

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 6:07 PM

hope ya got some more of those in your bay

cause that one is about to get 'stolen'

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 6:31 PM

Welcome to W.G.T. just when you thought it was safe too play , wham!!! You got taken.This is how it goes around here pal, so Man Up or Tap out ......  The MAD GOLFER

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 6:32 PM

Hi....thanks for your input here.  Well, I realize that the "upgraded" balls have only so much "life or durability"......BUT, I've just got these new (6) balls yesterday...I probably only played that one ball on 5 or 6 holes before it was declared "out of play".  And "no", I never saw a pop-up notice that I had to take a "one stroke penalty". Strange deal. I'm being (overly cautious) when playing over "water".  I do appreciate your help here. Bob

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 6:36 PM

Thanks........well, yes, I think I do "understand" the situation here. But, like I said, not buying any balls UNLESS I can buy them with "credits".....so, it's not like they cost me a bunch of bucks.  Maybe I should just spend "credits" on CLUBS.....those don't go away do they?......Well, maybe if I got MAD after a bad shot and threw my club into a pond....WGT would make me buy a new one......LOL. 

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:33 AM

You're hitting Tour SD Vapor balls. Maybe they're just ... vaporizing?

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 3:00 PM

Well.......I just didn't "realize".......that ALL balls that you purchase here on WGT have a "lifespan".  See now that in the lower right hand corner of the screen (while playing) is a "hit" indicator......it shows approx. how much "life" your ball has left......before, it is "taken out of play".  Have to admit, for now, I don't play those "vapor balls" on courses that have a lot of WATER......lol...tend to use the "unlimited WGT balls".  It would be interesting to know......with something like 5 million WGT members...approx. how many balls are sold every month - probably thousands...Ha!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 3:06 PM

Bob did you say thousands? Surely, you meant millions. Those ball purchases are paying for this game.

• PAGES
RSS