Help › Forums

"Ball taken out of play"

Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:20 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 5:46 PM

BOBTX61:
    See now that in the lower right hand corner of the screen (while playing) is a "hit" indicator......it shows approx. how much "life" your ball has left......before, it is "taken out of play". 

Thanks BOB, 

I go to all that trouble to take a screen shot edit it and post and you didn't even read it????

find that all by yourself did ya?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 5:50 PM

DannyPhan:
    find that all by yourself did ya?

LMAO!

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 5:56 PM

"renniw52".......just saw your note.  Yes...I do believe YOU are correct.  With close to......5 MILLION WGT members.....has to be a huge number of balls sold.  But, the purchase of "balls" isn't the only thing keeping this site going.  How about the cost of "clubs"...and everything in the Pro Shop.....all of the ADs we see when we play...and the "videos" and "surveys" many of us do (for credits)...those people pay WGT big bucks...and the "offers" area (where you can earn credits)...again, marketing. And you don't think it's a coincidence that the clubs & balls (Nike, Ping, Callaway) are being offered......I feel sure those company's are paying for the right to have their product names on here.....well, they are the BEST name brands for sure...and many of us buy those products in the REAL world.  Well, WGT golf's website is a "business"...like Google, Yahoo, Match.com, etc.  As a professional designer myself...I also realize it took a LOT to create WGT...put the graphics together for the courses, all of the very professional computer programming that has gone into this website...extremely well done. Some little bugs along the way that we all come across, but, WGT seems very responsive to resolving any member "issues"...and as with every successful website...it's an ongoing process to keep it going - add more content and keep all of "US" (WGT members) happy with the site.  A couple of the courses have a little to be desired concerning "realism - graphics"...but, most of the courses really are beautiful (photo realism!)...and fun to play. Though, I feel with a LOT more practice and "better" clubs & balls...I'm hoping MY game will improve.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 6:20 PM

After all that, no love for Danny?

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 6:59 PM

Yes, Danny........................I DID see your "screen shot" and I DID read your blog explanation about OOB balls.  I apologize for not giving you "specific" credit before now.....maybe WGT can create a NEW "award category".......and for every good, positive, helpful blog a WGT member writes.....those would all go on their PROFILE under that award.  Hey, as a professional designer, I'd even be more than happy to "design" that award (at no charge).........lol.  Kidding aside, Danny, I DO appreciate your taking the time for your "helpful blog".....because, I really didn't understand WHY my balls were going "bye bye" on me.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 9:11 PM

BOBTX61:
    because, I really didn't understand WHY my balls were going "bye bye" on me.

LOL it's all good BOB. just yanking your chain..

I know why my balls are going "bye bye" on me, it's old age........

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:20 AM

TOO FUNNY, Danny..........LOL.....I can definitely "relate" to your response here.

Thanks once again for your help.

Bob

• PAGES
RSS