Forums

Help › Forums

Foreign players have better manners than Americans

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 26 2012 4:00 AM (21 replies)
  • leosidney
    13 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 5:45 PM

Regretfully I have to say that overall foreign players have better manners than American players. Most of my experience of playing with people from other countries is positive but I can't say the same about my American neighbors. Foreign players are more respectful and less likely to quit. That is why I prefer playing earlier in the day than later. My respect to them and we can learn a little humility by example.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:53 PM

I have also found that most quitters are from the USA. Oh, and most moaning is done by the Australians. (Stirs pot).

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 1:45 AM

Perhaps we're overrepresented here in the numbers, so you get more of the bad but maybe also more of the good? (Fishing.)

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 2:49 AM

Without two shoes that match, sometimes you limp but I wouldn't compensate by walking one foot on the path, and one off because what if you step in cow poo and disturb a micro eco system that you didn't even know about?

It takes some thinking about, but with lined paper you can more easily make things look neater, even if they aren't.

Lizzie xx

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:20 AM

piztaker:

I have also found that most quitters are from the USA. Oh, and most moaning is done by the Australians. (Stirs pot).

Oi.... not all Aussies! ...lol

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 5:59 AM

To continue with the subject of being off subject of the subject in question (i.e. to detract from a moaning thread), the subject of this subject is the death of something that has been very close to me.  One of my socks died recently.  It died from a hole in the heart.  Well, the toe area actually, but as everyone knows the toe of a sock is it's heart; without the toe area it is nothing.  It was one of a pair, and now it's twin lies around idly as time passes by with no passion left within to carry out what it was born to do.  Maybe one day it will find a new mate, one which has also lost it's twin.  They may look wierd in public at first, and it may be awkward for them, but in time people will come to accept them with their new-found friend.  Or not.  But it matters not as they will have once again found love and companionship to see them through their latter years.

The deceased had had a couple of operations, but the darned thing just no longer had had had the strength to continue.

Lizzie - if you remove the heel from one shoe and also the heel from the other one's mate, glue or nail the others mate's heel to the mismatched shoe, then at least you will have two goody shoes roughly the same height.  Obviously, everything else about it will be wrong, but if this matters, then simply get some paint of the same colour as the main shoe, paint the mismatched one and everything will be hunky dory again.  Alternatively, you could simply make sure that you put on an exact pair before you leave the house, or maybe this is too simplistic.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 6:07 AM

No surprise on this topic! Stupid Americans! LOL

HAWK

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 6:15 AM

Mio, I'm just guessing you couldn't darn the darned thing 'cuz someone highjacked the thread?

Doc

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 6:43 AM

drmoose:

Mio, I'm just guessing you couldn't darn the darned thing 'cuz someone highjacked the thread?

Doc

It just couldn't cope with any more darned darning.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 7:32 AM

I rather think there is some amount of unnecessary needling going on here, try to cotton on to the fact that every one is different, from each nation. Admittedly there will always be the dyed-in-the wool stereotype, but ribbon everyone as a whole is a bit harsh.

Try to see everyone for what they individually are, or els you risk losing the basic fabric of human kindness, not every one is the same as the subject of this posts ilk.

I know there will be accounts of "sew and sew said this" or "sew and sew said that", and therein looms the ugly head of generalisation, bobbin along the hem line of international friendships, if we let that over ride our notion of fair play, then we might as well alpaca bags, and awl of us will lose something precious.

So, in an eggshell, try not to pile a whole nation in the same basquete, even if you felt one or two were being foulardy .

Lizzie xx

( In a hurry for a pressing engagement, I gussets got to be done, cant wait any longer)

RSS