Forums

Help › Forums

VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER WANTS TO MAKE THIS ACCUSATION PUBLIC - HOW DARE WGT ACCUSE PEOPLE OF THIS WITHOUT CONSULTATION!!

Fri, Mar 30 2012 1:23 PM (75 replies)
  • cicerosam
    167 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 5:40 PM

plus six killer, the accusation was made privately - its cowardly in my opinion - accuse me of something and allow WGT to think I am a cheat? Erm,  no, sorry. 

• DDVols62
    309 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:10 PM

Cicerosam was one the first GENTLEMEN I  met on this site. He was a legend and I was an amateur. He was kind of enough to ask me to join his CC which is the SKYPE PLAYERS COUNTRY CLUB which he formed. He is a class act and would never cheat. These accusations are outrageous and whomever made this claim should be the one you should be investigating. Cicerosam has been working in the Mideast and his playing time has been diminished.  I have played alot with Cicerosam and he has never been anything but loyal to WGT.  He always gifted new CC members with clubs, balls, etc. He has several family members and friends that he has brought to your site. This is beyond  absurd.

• giraffedog
    144 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:13 PM

Know of what you speak before the gums flap, six.........a post doesn't make you a hero nor lend any credence to your status.

I know crap about this situation, but been accused of this myself 3 short months ago and suspended......my fault ultimately, but when all straightened out, re-instated and credits returned...it is very grey areas when dealing with a BETA game.

Seriously  -  someone who spends their $$$ here on a regular basis should be given the benefit of the doubt until PROVEN otherwise..........and given my own experience, there seems to be at least 7 sides to any story.

Want more?

See bugs, SECURITY..............mind you I'm not very keen on what WGT has fed me lately.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:15 PM

Lobsterboy:

cicerosam:
    If your sleuth detective work is based on my gifting to others

The only way I can see that WGT could link different accounts together is if they are using the same method of paying for stuff ie same credit / debit card / Paypal account etc which is pretty much proof positive . . . or if one account is gifting a lot of equipment / balls to another account . . which is debatable.

If you're innocent Sam I could certainly understand you being angry . . . and would take the matter as far up the chain as possible. At the end of the day WGT has closed an account and if not yours it's someone else's . . . and that person should be mighty peed off too!

they can link with IP's as well

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:33 PM

Easiest way to have sorted this out Sam would have been for WGT to simply look at the IP's used to play your account and the IP's used to play the other account.....both would show geographically different IP locations and you can't be in 2 places at once eh?

Trouble arises when the IP's match up.

Maybe that's too easy.

Great to see WGT acting on their TOS, however, I've had games and chatted with Sam in the past..... I do believe WGT got it wrong this time.

tbe

• cicerosam
    167 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:41 PM

now this:

Sam,

There was more than the usual amount of evidence in this case, so I'd rather you simply played it straight with us.  You've been a good customer and we'd like to keep it that way, but we do have to insist that players maintain just one account at a time.

Hope you understand.

Thanks in advance, Sam

quite frankly NO I DO NOT! 

Regardless of ANYTHING else, this is overstepping the mark. Being straight?

If I were guilty - which I'm not, then tell me why, tell me the reason...what is this Guantanamo?

I am innocent of this WGT - and now your just being plain rude. 

Lets talk about that WGT, and I will try to ignore the smug and condescending tone you have taken with me - what evidence do you purport to have against me? I would love to see it, since I know you have it wrong and I am sure the rest of WGT would to?

Regards

Sam

• cicerosam
    167 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:55 PM

Yes. I agree. I was in Dubai 1 month ago and I played my brother while on the same router, as I was staying with him - but surely my computer and his computer would have had distinctly different addresses?. Perhaps thats why they have decided to accuse me? Thats the only thing I can think of. 

Sad that they have treated me like this really. Just sad. 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 9:17 PM

I just want to comment in regard to moderation. It auto kicked in due to certain # of posts within certain period of time. I manually removed you from it.

As far as a matter at hand, I can check into it tomorrow but since you are communication with the staff via email, it should remain there.

-wgticon

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 9:53 PM

cicerosam:

Yes. I agree. I was in Dubai 1 month ago and I played my brother while on the same router, as I was staying with him - but surely my computer and his computer would have had distinctly different addresses?. Perhaps thats why they have decided to accuse me? Thats the only thing I can think of. 

Sad that they have treated me like this really. Just sad. 

Playing in two computers from the same place can show WGT the same IP address. NAT allows computers in the same network to share the same  external IP , that is, you will have an internal IP, different from the other computers in your house, but the router will have only one IP.

Using IPs to determine whether someone is a multiaccounter can lead to errors. If two people live in the same house and play through the same router, WGT will probably only see one IP. If I bring family, friends and invite them to play, they open an account using my computer, or any other, WGT will see the external IP. Internal IPs start with 192.168.....  and are assigned dynamically by the router, external IPs are provided by your ISP(usually dynamically too). If I want WGT to see another IP I can use a proxy, or a program, so linking an IP address to a multiaccounter can lead to errors.

Also, as this is a free game, played in a browser, you can play from anywhere: home, work, a hotel, cyber, friend's house...... as long as you have an internet connection.

Your computer and his computer may have shown the same IP, though in the internal network, they had to have a different one. The router(external IP) will route the packets that were going to your computer and his. If NAT(Network Address Translation) didn't exist, IP addresses would have ran out more quickly. There is IPV6, that allows every device in the world to have a unique IP address but is not fully implemented yet.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 10:01 PM

I'm sorry to hear of the problem but what surprises me about this business is that WGT actually chases multi-accounters. 

RSS