When you saw through someones eyes,

A thought that would not lie

Where the mind took the thought

And what was made of it.

Lizzie xx

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 4:54 AM

OMG....This actually brought tears to my eyes.....UNBELIEVABLE....And i'm no opera lover, i can tell you that.

The attitude of the jurers brought back memories about a a housewife singing the roof of a couple of years ago. Just goes to show, never judge a book by the cover...

A(t least one) star is borne..

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 6:12 AM

I am not a regular viewer of these shows although my daughter watches this regularly when she stays with me. I was in my room just off our living room playing WGT and saw none of the build up to this act. The minute I heard his voice I thought my god who is that?

I couldn't believe what I saw when I looked at the television. It left me transfixed in silence to the end of the performance, it was simply that astonishing. That poor lad was shaking like a leaf throughout it and yet he sung like Pavarotti. What a wonderful friend he has in that girl, someone who believes in him and treats him with the respect he's no doubts had little of during his school years. Without her he is nothing. She is what gives him the desire and the confidence to do what he does with such brilliance.

It without doubt was one of the most emotional things I have seen on television in a long time. I really hope nothing but good things come to both of them but I fear being in the public eye will take its toll on him, he really is a very vulnerable individual indeed.

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 6:30 AM

Simon Cowell made a real *** of himself with his rude aside to Carmen Electra as they came on-stage.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 6:31 AM

Bonjours Madame LizzieRossetti,  ty for this today ,how can you not be touch by this ,,,,i  find ,inspiration ,       and hope in the human race after all ...     17 year hold kid made my week             ty vm again Lizzie

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 6:50 AM

Damn it Lizzie, I have to act like it's the pollen in Georgia making my eyes red and watery. BRAVO to that young man, and his precious friend. If he makes it and she doesn't, she won't have to worry, that boy will never leave her side, he was singing to her. All she ever has to do is be there. Thank you for posting this.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 7:49 AM

I don't watch this programme either, or any other 'talent' tv programme, mainly because I can't stand the condescending judges, but that was awesome.  It reminded me of another one I came across on Youtube a couple of weeks ago (which may be the one 7thWave was eluding to), here it is...

Susan Boyle

As the 16-year-old girl said, you can't judge a book by it's covers.  Everyone has a talent, but some just don't know how to find it.

Like 7thWave, I too had tears in my eyes watching these videos (and for some time afterwards I might add!), and I'm still shaking whilst writing this post from the sheer brilliance of the individuals and the fact they had the bottle to do what they did in the face of adversity and ridicule (from judges and audience alike), because of some pompous tw*ts who think they are better than everyone else.  Well done to them all, it's not something I would have the courage to do.

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:03 AM

MioKontic:

...... of weeks ago (which may be the one 7thWave was eluding to), here is is...

Susan Boyle

AS the 16-year-old girl said, you can't judge a book by it's covers.  Everyone has a talent, but some just don't know how to find it.

That is the one.....Didn't view your link, but also the case of Susan the judges had their opinion ready 2 seconds after she set foot on stage. The same S***t from the same a*****e judge(s).

I may have have the courage to stand on stage....just haven't got any talent to show them..... Unless on-line golf maybe? :-))))

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:20 AM

Well.....I may not be as emotionally dead as I thought. That certainly got the old lip quiver working? I wish them both all success.

And for Simon Cowell, I want to take him Deer hunting in a fur coat and an antler hat !

SM

ps..thank you Lizzie

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:31 AM

absolutely, priceless Lizzie, incredible talent and I think together not just Jonathon.  A good soundman would do wonders for both, his volume is so much stronger than hers but they were both very good and he is dedicated to her.

Priceless, thanks for sharing. 

• PAGES
RSS