Forums

Help › Forums

Beware of Master Tier My Friends

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:39 PM (24 replies)
  • TrikiRik
    103 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 6:10 PM

During some very casual WGT rounds between lawn and garden chores yesterday, (April 1st), found I had advanced to master tier.  Today, now I have to hit from longer tee-box, fairways are narrower, greens are off the stimp-meter, chips go far too long, pitches fall short, bunkers are steeper, trees have grown at least another 12 feet higher.  Oh yeah, my favorite dog ran off tonight and the local gas station raised price of a gallon 15 cents.  WGT conspiracy?? what more proof do you need?

Ooops, gotta go, my private ambulance is here.  

• remslug
    11 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 6:29 PM

Wait till you find out that putting is different, greens are faster, and you have scored several games of -10 in order to drop your score average by 1/10 a point. On the upside... you get a little more respect aroun the tee-box, at least till you pound a few shot out in the weeds and then everyone just stands by and snickers. It's a wonderful tier to be in!!! Enjoy.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 7:03 PM

Welcome to the Master tier.....

Sounds like the makings of a country song there, add the cheating wife and some whiskey and its a hit.

Danny 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 7:08 PM

You will have more woes. Welcome to WGT. Maybe you will be one of the natural, amazing talents who can go from Master to Legend in 2 weeks. I know a few who have, and all I can say is BS.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:34 PM

you WILL be complaining about your average resembling a yoyo

give it a few days before you respond

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:59 PM

I believe Master tier is your opportunity to "master" your game. It is the last chance to set up practice rounds that mimic ranked rounds. So enjoy it and don't try to advance too quickly.  

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 12:32 AM

No TrickyRickyMickey, the bunkers are not steeper, the trees are not taller, you have entered...

Be careful of those oversize clubs and balls too.  And you will also find oversize bugs.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 4:51 AM

Oh, and watch out for Mr Fitzhugh if you come across him, he cannot be trusted.  A chubby fella, with a very sour face.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:02 AM

TrikiRik, Welcome to Master level. Since I've been hangin' around here since 1/13/12 nobody is likely to accuse me of cheating, but, they might start calling me a sandbagger if I can't get my average down pretty soon, lol.

Doc

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:29 AM

I sympathise with your plight.  With the benefit of top-notch broadband and a very good laptop (which gave me a super-smooth swing meter) plus the advantage of years of real and Tiger Wood golf experience)  I hit Master at about Lvl 37 (I think).  Given all of threads on here complaining about the swing meter and how hard it is to ding, I'd say that having a very good broadband/laptop combo was my biggest advantage in hitting Master tier early

Previously the game had been easy, now I was competing (or not) against all those lvl 60's, 70's, 80's and even 90's master's who could out-drive me by 50-60 yards and who had clubs with higher precision, forgiveness, flight and spin.  I soon concluded that I could not compete on anything like a level playing field.  

So what I did was target some of the esoteric awards (Hit the Flagstick, Water Boy, Choke Relief, Day at the Beach, Long Distance Putter, The Yips etc), for a bit of fun and bided my time until I had levelled up enough (59) to get some competitive clubs and then started playing tournies again.  I also played with starter balls only for a while.

At lvl 73, you should be okay on the club front and if your computer can give you a smooth swing meter, then with a little practice you'll soon be okay.

RSS