Forums

Help › Forums

Hi All!

Thu, Apr 5 2012 6:50 PM (3 replies)
  • MitchConnor
    9 Posts
    Wed, Apr 4 2012 10:37 AM

Ayup all.

Only been playing for a couple of days now (never played golf before) but really enjoying myself. Community is (by and large) very friendly and i've managed a few games against/with some of you. Hope to see the rest of you on the course soon!

I do have a few of questions though if someone could help me?

I struggle really badly in the rough/bunker, im not sure if the lie means I can only hit the top of the ball, or the ball won't lift up enough, or the trajectory changes?

Also, the hybrid club seems to have a really flat trajectory as opposed to the 9 iron (biggest iron i think?), and i struggle to get the distance I want even down the fairway. Am I using it wrong?

Lastly (finally :P), I don't middle the ball as often as I would like so I rely heavily on spin at the moment for positioning. Does hitting with spin affect the height of the ball?

Thank you.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Apr 4 2012 2:36 PM

hi and welcome

few answers:)

1.  you can read this guide. it should help you

2. yes it does. the shorter the iron (higher #) the higher it flies and less it runs. there are some high end woods that fly much higher and land much softer. they are available in proshop

3. yes, more bs the more height.

-wgticon

• MitchConnor
    9 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:50 AM

Thank you for the tips! That guide is superb, i was playing shots last night (badly) I never knew existed!

Now for some practice.....

• Knyx
    103 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2012 6:50 PM

MitchConnor:

Thank you for the tips! That guide is superb, i was playing shots last night (badly) I never knew existed!

Now for some practice.....

Also, I would strongly recommend reading this guide on putting distance control as it is EXTREMELY useful.

Just go out there, have some fun, and practice and you will get better! I added you as a friend, and if I'm ever on feel free to play a round with me!

RSS