Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters & Ball Durability/No Ex Pts

Mon, Apr 23 2012 7:07 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TunWells123
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:32 AM

I think a 5 minute shut out period would be a good idea; those who quit because of a genuine reason would be gone for longer anyway and those who have quit because they're "wotsits" would have to at least twiddlre their thumbs instead of heading on to do the same in the next match.

• xxxSHOOTERxxx
    103 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 2:31 AM

90 sec perfect?  if your a tour pro  master etc ,and need 90 sec to hit a shot  im sorry but that odd,,,,, not like they haven't played every hole before ,,and many times at that,,,,, but i see it like this.......  90 sec ,slow load time {lag},perfect shots  every hole , putts bla bla bla ,= cheating ,,,   swing meters ,shot takers  etc ,,  and im sure im not the only one thinking this ,,,  

• pingpongfan
    2 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 4:02 AM

I got another player posting on my wall that I was a quitter because I was 2 down after 7 holes.  Interestingly my internet connection went down and I was unable to complete the game.  Maybe there should be some statistics shown on a players profile showing how many games are completed / quit.  This should stop the false accusations flying around by clearly uninformed members who jump to all sort of incorrect conclusions without knowledge of the facts.  Having said this I also get frustrated by quitters and fell that the genuine quitters should be sanctioned against.

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 4:04 AM

Not sure but don't you get the XP points if somebody quits. In a multi-player game and somebody quits, don't you get the option to continue the game without the other person (That's in multi player stroke games)...You will only receive xp points as though you were playing a single round by yourself !!! If you are in a Foursome..at the end of that round if it is your first round of the day...and if everyone stays in until the end...you could receive at least about 1700 xp points...but we are 2 holes from the finish and one person has no chance of catching anyone...so he quits...now you are down to 3 players...after playing for about almost 2 hours...which you will still get a nice sum of xp points!!! So now you are on the last hole...and the leader of the round has a bad hole and you just sunk a birdie putt and he has a long putt for par just to half the hole and the match...and he figures he can't make it...so he quits...and what's worst...he quits on his turn...freezing up the game !!! now you and the remaining player cannot even finish as a twosome...and now you don't have time to play another round of golf with a threesome or a foursome...so you decide to finish (what started out as a multi-player round) as a single player...and you receive only 1004 xp points !!!  You've had wear and tear on your balls durability...you've invested close to 2 hours of playing...you want the xp points so that you can level up...and leveling up is only good for one thing...and that is SPENDING MONEY with WGT to buy and update your equipment!!! Yet those like me who never quit !!! (pardon the pun) seems to get the 'shaft'...while the quitters...keep screwing up the game and great rounds of golf and friends!!! enough is enough...I SAY EVERYTIME A PLAYER QUITS FROM A MULTI-PLAYER GAME....WGT SHOULD PENALIZE THEM BY DROPPING THEM A LEVEL BACK...AND ALONG WITH THAT IF THEY HAVE A CERTAIN PIECE OF EQUIPMENT THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH THAT LEVEL...THEY CAN'T USE IT UNTIL THEY GET BACK TO THAT LEVEL!!!  Example>> I'm on level 88 and I just bought that new R-11 Driver...but I quit/disconnect (for whatever reason even computer foul ups because quitters like to use that as an excuse of why wgt shouldn't penalize people because it might be a computer problem...funny you only have a computer problem after a bad hole...but when I'm playing badly I seem to never have a computer problem) then I am dropped back down to level 87...and since I can't buy the R-11 driver at level 87...it is placed in my inventory (I still own it) but I can't use it until I get back up to level 88 and beyond!!! If we had this type of FAIR penalty for multi-player round 'quitters'...I am willing to bet you that you would see less quitting from a multi-player game...and players would then get maximum xp points leveling up a little faster thus being able to spend more money with wgt...and since wgt is in to making money...trust me you would still make money...because more people would be willing to spend if you (wgt) have our backs !!! Because in all walks of life...everyone wants their fair share of what they expect when they pay their monies for something!!! And golf is no different!!!

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 4:59 AM

StrokerLee:
    ..I SAY EVERYTIME A PLAYER QUITS FROM A MULTI-PLAYER GAME....WGT SHOULD PENALIZE THEM BY DROPPING THEM A LEVEL BACK...AND ALONG WITH THAT IF T

YES, WE HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 6:42 AM

dang,,, STROKER

u mean out of the 444 friends u have u can't find a few to play without quitiin ?? 

don't let quitters ruin ya life... hope the rant made ya feel better really... but its not gunna change anything.... 

you have too...   WEED OUT YA FRENDS LIST...  play with the ones that don't quit..

GL GL hit em good... 

peace

• dotheyflaggs
    5 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 12:00 PM

I'm in favor of a maximum 60 sec. shot clock. I feel I can get a shot off in under thirty most of the time. Quitting bugs me, but I don't always know if it's the player or his internet connection. I've had people beating me in a match who've quit. Or did they?

I wish people would learn to "PICK UP" when they're obviously out of a hole in Match Play. I had to ask how to do that and got a prompt answer.

Help... How do u turn off that free Putter Pal? Menu-Options ???/

• jnorton22002
    990 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 12:10 PM

I would like to say that I have been guilty of quiting only because I was mad at myself and a drag on the better players. I didn't realize what negative impact it would have on the others. I , for one, will never quit again because it really comes down to  everyone has a bad day here and there and i am ashamed to admit I have quit. It is wrong

• derjohvan
    1,160 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:06 PM

If you are the 1 to start the game you have the choice of timers.

• viago
    44 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 7:07 PM

PRECISELY. hell, you have 4 choices why winge and say you only want one?

i fall out of a lot of games because my game freezes. this app disconnects from the internet but the computer is still connected. it must really annoy people but what can i do? only happens on this game.

what annoys me is if someone loses their connection then the other three have to wait ages and can not continue.

• PAGES
RSS