Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters & Ball Durability/No Ex Pts

Mon, Apr 23 2012 7:07 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BadAssHooker
    12 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 11:04 PM

It seems a bit UNFAIR, that victims of quitters, after having slammed your ball, do not receive any experience points for the win, but  still lose ball durability in the end.  And w/WGT operatives out there making sure this happens... we all need to COMPLAIN!

• musicianbrian200
    6 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 12:48 AM

I agree, if that happens, they should atleast give you the points or atleast 1 new ball like the one you used. 

• scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 7:54 AM

i agree with you.3 or 4 rounds not finished due to quitters thats near a full ball.it should go back to full amount you had when you started the game.

• SALOADAM
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:15 AM

getting sick to death of playing people,who after 3 or 4 holes are having a bad round then quit, something needs to be done about it.

• FreddyGardener
    12 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 12:51 PM

Quitters and people who take too much time to hit the ball. 90 seconds is a too long to begin with and the option should be eliminated. Even if someone takes more than 60/45/30 seconds they should lose their turn (score zero/lose skin etc) instead of getting another chance.

• ArizBandit
    19 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 2:10 PM

I am fairly new to WGT.But i am allready sick of these losers who quit after a few holes because they are having abad round!!!!!!!

• GoneToGolf
    91 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 2:42 PM

Evening

i agree drives me nut's these quiters,24 hour login ban would stop 90% of them i rekon only my opion tho hehehe

• YUBHatin
    105 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 5:33 PM

GoneToGolf:

Evening

i agree drives me nut's these quiters,24 hour login ban would stop 90% of them i rekon only my opion tho hehehe

I think WGT is sooooo afraid of losing players, they're afraid to institute bans. If you're on the forums, more than likely you love the game and will just pitch a ***(not quit). They know this and if they start getting rid of quitters and cheaters there will be a solid community of lesser numbers and for a business it's all about the numbers. I'm afraid they don't take peoples' complaints seriously enough.

• KevinFleenor
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 6:18 PM

I don't know why we still don't get the points. Why??

If we play 4 people and two quit after the 6th hole, why are we punished for continuing?

Even worse, if we're playing one guy for 8 holes and he quits in the 9th, we're robbed of points - may as well be playing alone.

If we still got the points I'd be less inclined to care That much. Quitting when we still get the points takes less sting out of it and makes it less personal than making us put up with a quitter for 5 holes only to get nothing out of it but irritation and frustration.

Best option is to make friends with everyone you play that plays all the way through. Send invites, get invites.

Another option would be to make a thread named "I'm not a quitter". Everyone who isn't a quitter - post in the thread. Then there's a "network" of people who'll commit to playing all the way through.

Good luck guys. I haven't been quit on in 2 days! May the luck continue....

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:22 AM

I think the 90sec timer is perfect.  Sometimes it might take 60secs to get the line of a putt or if your having meter problems like, quite a few players do, then the 90sec is good too.

Not sure but don't you get the XP points if somebody quits. In a multi-player game and somebody quits, don't you get the option to continue the game without the other person (That's in multi player stroke games)

• PAGES
RSS