Forums

Help › Forums

One Question & One Complaint

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:37 PM (6 replies)
  • moonreaderman
    118 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 6:22 AM

Question: Where is the options field. I got this putter pal thing added to my putting menu without my consent. I want to turn this garbage off. It is effecting my play and my enjoyment of the game.

The putter pal doesn't make sense really. 25% etc etc ...or percentages is irrelevant in determining the distance a put goes on any given green. If you can't figure out how much power to apply to the putter on a green after determining the highs & lows of the green surface, it is not wonder that a person can not figure out how to putt. The putter pal is just added confusion and blocks my view of the strength meter.

How do I turn this garbage off?

One complaint: I am not getting audio commercials at a higher level of sound after I start a game. I just forfeit the game & disengage the browser once this audio starts. I will continue to quit playing until this audio crap stops.

I enjoy hearing the tap sounds & the ball sounds during the game. Whoever it was that decided to put audio commercials on the the first hole of the game is a retard.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 10:42 AM

It tells you how to turn it off if you look at the latest item in the NEWS section. You must be the 20th person to ask.

• moonreaderman
    118 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:23 PM

Yea, I read it. I don't have an options field to go to from the menu.

I found your reply on another thread I created about a suggestion I had for putter pal. Thanks.

Others, if you had read their retorts to this, are having the same problem as I. They too, probably have not explored the settings part of the menu. It looks like that is all there is when you open this settings field. ....but..... you have to scroll down some to find this putter pal off button.

Thanks for directing me to a place I have never been.

• Dianne81
    773 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:31 PM

Piztaker is just trying to help

You turn it off in your game client under options, then scroll down. There are 13 items in the menu list and turn off putter pal is the last one at bottom.

Right click on this image and view it to see the scroll button on right side =======>>>>

• moonreaderman
    118 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:35 PM

Thanks Diane81 for taking the time to point out exactly where this putter pal option field is. 

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:36 PM

moonreaderman:

Yea, I read it. I don't have an options field to go to from any menu. Others, if you had read their retorts to this, are having the same problem as I. It can't be turned off until I go through 100 putts.

You don't know what you are talking about Piztaker.

Select "Menu" in the game window then select "Game Settings" scroll down and the option to turn OFF putter pal is at the bottom.

Before you start a game click on the little speaker icon at bottom left (oops right) of game window to mute sound then click on it again before taking your first shot to enable sound.

• Dianne81
    773 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:37 PM

You are welcome.  I didn't know you could scroll down for like the first several months I played WGT ;)

RSS