Forums

Help › Forums

Continualliy disconecting form the the interertnet, three of us us skkype tallk while;playing, it is very frustrating, what cam we do , Wo love th the game game.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 3 2010 10:37 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • puttersman
    240 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 11:58 AM

we can hardly get get ftru a gave without loosing our connection. We never is used have have this trouble It will not lit let use re load  . This game i s full a problems.and I am not a gooog good typer.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 1:30 PM

Hi puttersman,

We've had quite a few updates over the last few weeks and if you aren't keeping up with clearing your Flash and Browser caches the slight differences in files can cause some disconnection errors in multiplay (among others).

Please follow this link to clear your Flash & Browser cache and have your friends do the same.  Once everyone has the same file versions on all of their PC's it should help the matter.  Be aware that after clearing caches you will need to reset any in-game options you have like Putting Grid, Flagstick Animations or Graphics quality.

Keep this handy because it's important to clear your cache after every product update.  We change and update things quite a bit and clearing caches is the only way to keep up with the most up to date file versions.  If you don't clear your caches files will become outdated and newly updated files on the server will eventually start to conflict with the older files on your PC.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 1:39 PM

I am also experiencing significant issues remaining connected to WGT today.  My internet connection has been stable all day and my caches were cleared yesterday. - AC

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 1:41 PM

Can you explain what's happening when you are getting disconnected?  Are you seeing load manager errors or are you just experiencing general timeouts?

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 1:51 PM

I experienced a timeout in a RG and luckily when it asked me if I wanted to re-connect I said yes and it worked. 

The loading for reverse shots is MUCH slower after the update and I think that was why I timed out.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 2:28 PM

Hi Niv....

It generally seems to be one of 2 things today:

1.  LOADING just gets stalled in the Game portal - the circular icon will spin on and on several minutes.  Often this is followed by the UNEXPCTED ERROR screen - but lately I have just been killing it before that happens.  I go back to the WGT Main page and where the PLAY NOW button normally is located it has the "Could not Connect to WGT" message

2.  Loadmanager Error Timeout - A disproportionately HIGH number of these.  Normal circumstances I might get 1 or 2 of these a Round.  Today 4-6 of these per round.  SOMETIMES when I click YES (the little Green Button) it Loads normally and proceeds.  JUST AS OFTEN it TRIES TO LOAD and then I get the Popup box in the Game Portal that says "Connection Lost".

Thanks,  AtlantaCoaster

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 2:34 PM

Ok, I have a feeling your first statement might be leftover issues with the white screen/disappearing info box problem.  I was informed that the Credit Display is causing that error and that may be leading to other errors as well.  That should be taken care of by Monday.

As for the 2nd one, that is always problem related to loading files from your cache.  Since we've had a lot of updates and patches in the last couple days I'd recommend clearing caches again just to be on the safe side.  For what it's worth, I have not experienced any of these issues while playing today, but I'll keep my eyes open.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 2:39 PM

WGTniv slaps on his mechanic's hat, grabs his wrench and slides under the computer...

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 3:24 PM

Problem Du Jour:

In the execution of swinging hitting - I hit the click and the Animation freezes at the top of the backswing.  Chronic throughout my rounds today.  Can pause anywhere from a few seconds to over a minute before the animation follows through, even though I have executed the shot.

On a normal day this MIGHT happen once in an entire round.  Today - most every swing is delayed this way.

- AtlantaCoaster

• WYCHEWES
    96 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 5:14 PM

Same problems here to AtlanttaCoaster. It is getting beyond a joke and needs sorting out by WGT.

Wychewes

• PAGES
RSS