Forums

Help › Forums

Our Plans for New Tiers and Levels

Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:21 AM (313 replies)
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 12:13 AM

I too managed and coached LLB and GSB, before and after (co-ed was mandated)....... a SHORT while after.......when the leagues admin. were trying to implement (1) no score would be posted and (2) everyone would receive the SAME trophy, because its not about winning or losing its about "how you play the game". So I would give my team this phony philosophy and add after win or lose.... but LOSING SUCKS. That's when I realized, Liberalism.. IS.. a mental disorder and needs to be treated with some serious a....whoppin.    Sorry gang, guess this should have been in and everything else. 

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 12:23 AM

Considering the sale that was supposed to end a week ago is still on, I'm not going to treat what WGT say as the literal truth. No changes this time though. Perhaps it was a "prepare the ground" update. Or some updates on a small scale somewhere hidden from us to see if the thing works as they plan. Hopefully they keep their word about "by the end of the month" at least. I suppose Monday could be a good guess if they're on schedule, as it wouldn't be a good idea with grand changes on a Friday and then people having the weekend off. Ish.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 6:07 AM

Snaike:

Which part of "We are fixing a few bugs and performing routine system maintenance" is that hard to understand?

Besides, it's 11:24 Pacific and they are already done.

Sorry guys.

It should be ME apologizing... for that sorry attempt at sarcasm...  :/

But I thought YOU of all people would have got the reference to Fred's "Big One" that was always put-off 'til next time... well... at least it didn't happen while he was on that show.

Perhaps "the big one" will come in next week's episode?

:]

p.s. RIP Redd Foxx

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 6:08 AM

Pangaea:

Considering the sale that was supposed to end a week ago is still on, I'm not going to treat what WGT say as the literal truth. No changes this time though. Perhaps it was a "prepare the ground" update. Or some updates on a small scale somewhere hidden from us to see if the thing works as they plan. Hopefully they keep their word about "by the end of the month" at least. I suppose Monday could be a good guess if they're on schedule, as it wouldn't be a good idea with grand changes on a Friday and then people having the weekend off. Ish.

That was not an update, just routine system maintenance. The number in the game window is still the same. If it had been an update the number would have changed. The last update was on a Sunday night. So I would look for one tomorrow night.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 8:08 PM

I've suggested this before & I guess it's fallen on deaf ears. If you want to stop the sandbaggers the only way to do it is to put in numerous methods to boost someone's rank/ tier level. If you never play any game modes that reward credits (aside from the weekly/ monthly free for everyone tourneys) then who cares, no need to mess with those people.

The second someone decides to step into the playing for credits arena, they need to fall under a new set of rules/ ranking.

-Win percentage too high against superior or equal tiers, guess what, move them up!

-Average too low in READY GO's (not ranked rounds), guess what, move them up!

-Achieve a certain milestone of birdies or eagles, move them up!

The only sandbaggers that are gaining a true advantage are those who play MPC's & Ready Go's.  Don't sweat the details of messing with the people who can't or wont play for financial reward, FOCUS ON THE GROUP THAT ACTUALLY HAS SOMETHING TO GAIN FROM SANDBAGGING.  It's not rocket science & by and large this type set up would only burn those who choose to abuse the system for personal gain.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 8:51 AM
    Before the end of the month? Today is the day then?!
  • Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 9:15 AM

Not gonna happen. My bet is mid September.

• MonumentValley
    58 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 5:47 PM

Scheduled downtime tonight, 8/31, 11PM PDT. This could be it.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 6:06 PM

I guess they kept their promise after all, I'm surprised

• Miccie
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:58 AM

Well this is great! I now cannot play in any stroke play tournaments... and I can't even play certain courses at all except oakmont... thats a little unfair don't you think?

RSS