Forums

Help › Forums

Our Plans for New Tiers and Levels

Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:21 AM (313 replies)
  • M3NTALIST
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:48 AM

I've had alot of meter problems since this happened. Never had a single glitch before...

• MikeNJ
    17 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:55 PM

Equipment should be based on tier....not level.....you earn the powerful clubs based on your performance...

you'll have pros hitting from further back with an unfair advantage if you base it on levels...

some things are better left unchanged and this is one of them....

You usually make some pretty good changes and this is a great place and so much progresss since i joined a few years back. 

I thank the WGT staff and all the members for the great time I've had here..

Mike

• Richard1969
    34 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:40 PM
    This is my first post in the forum. I feel the need to put my 2 cents in. The first thing I noticed is that my current tier (Tour Master) does not allow me to play in any free tournaments. Why? And thank God I already have the equipment I need to hit from master tees. If I didn't, I would need to play a few thousand rounds to level up enough to get the equipment I needed. In that case, I would have to stop playing this game. Also, I believe this new system encourages "sandbagging" even more. Imagine being able to play with what used to be "master" equipment and hit from pro tees. All you have to do is play a lot of ranked games badly. Knowing people do this has completely kept me from playing any money tournaments already. I don't know how one would go about stopping this sort of thing, but this new system definitely does nothing in that direction. Also, is anyone else completely frustrated trying to putt on "tournament" speed greens?? UGH!!
  • RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:52 PM

I hope the fact that lowballing existing players on their level hits them right in the pocketbook..

there isnt a club worth buying for me for at least the next 30+ levels.. in fact the clubs I already have are 37 levels higher than the bogus lowball level I was assigned

Im sure im not the only one..

also.. not really a tourney player outside of my CC.. but IMO its pretty mickey mouse to have implemented all this change and left 3 tiers of people unable to play unless they PAY to play..

clownshoes....

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:14 PM

Can't tell you how glad I am for buying some clubs before the update. For example the Daytona putter. Now it's available from level 71. I started at 20. Dog knows how long it will take to go up 50 levels. Think the other clubs are a bit lower, like level 50-60+. Not easy to be a new player now. Which should at least discourage some of the worst multiaccounting. May encourage sandbagging, mind, but it's not so easy for multi account users to grind money out of tournaments now.

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:27 PM

Yeah I was lucky in that I had really decent equipment before the changes, I really wouldn't have bought more but as a level 30 I am a long way from getting the ability to buy new stuff when it comes out.

• rc7777itsme
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:36 PM

BOGUS....... this stupid "new" tier system is a joke......  now, because I'm a tour master and not a legend.....I can't play certain events, can't buy certain equipment?   How moronic.  I've spent money in this game and now, I can't use certain things in certain areas?    And, now I'm playing "legends" that have a higher stroke average than me.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!

• cjpoco
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:34 PM

Am right there with you.  My buddy and i have been playing for two years fairly regularly but don't play tournaments or lots of other people.  We have both maintained a Pro level (now Tour Pro).  We have both been given level 20.  Unfortunately for my buddy, i bought a driver recently but now that he wants to get it he can't until he moves up 33 more levels which is absolutely wrong!!

You shouldn't be able to get equipment by just playing more rounds with more people.  It should be based on your skill level whether you play lots every day or as we do a couple of times a week.

More Tiers is a good change but the equipment purchasing is way out of line.

cjp

• papadeaux
    864 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:46 PM

if you are going to move some one to master i dont care what level of  you need to open master clubs up to them you have pros playing with clubs that a master cant even purchase this is stupid.....what a joke!!!!!!!! 

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 5:17 PM

so what is the breakdown of all the tiers to their tees and their green speeds now?

RSS