Forums

Help › Forums

Our Plans for New Tiers and Levels

Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:21 AM (313 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:07 PM

YankeeJim:

geordieles might be onto something. If the clubs were Tee specific that might change things. A Pro with Master clubs playing from Master tees would be interesting. Maybe even factor that particular performance a little heavier in the ranking. 

I thought of that too, but then it becomes more convoluted and further from the reality WGT is trying to approach.  For instance, what equipment configuration would determine a tee change, just the driver?  What if the person's first upgrade was the driver (all they could afford) and they still only have the starter irons and wedges.  Does a master+ putter justify putting them on Championship greens where starter wedges and irons have absolutely no chance in holding some of these greens?  And IRL if you walk on a course with all high end equipment do you automatically get ushered to the tips and do the greens keepers change the hole locations just for you. 

Again, just brainstorming and trying to be constructive...

Lee

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:08 PM

OK Bollox, that does make some sense, but there not starting at those tees, or using that equipment right of the bat, right? They have to work-up through the levels. If a hack is getting a pro driver after a few rounds played, then yeah, there's a problem.

My point is, there are performance requirements players have to go through to get to that equipment. I think it's going to be a struggle for a Hack. Maybe I'm being a little naive about the performance factor of the idea.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:11 PM

Kaslo:
    I completely agree. This new system rewards the causal player and disadvantages the good. Completely backwards guys. Why should a causal player ever have a chance against a good one. Where the reward for spending the time to learn the game? How is this fair to the good masters? And last who asked for this new direction? Certainly not your loyal established players.
    I can't say it would be the casual player, but the one who tries to play the system.  I would hope the 'Level' advancements would be involved enough and of the type to discourage this type of behavior.  And what I got from the OP is that it would take time and commitment to advance in levels, so it would take work.  But don't get me wrong, someone will do that work just to beat the system. 

It really all depends on what factors are involved, and since we don't know details this is all speculation.  But good speculation in the off chance that WGT hadn't considered all of the angles. (which I'm pretty sure they did, at least I hope they did)

*edit* pretty much ninja'd by Richard LOL

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:22 PM

Well unless I am wrong, it seems from what I am reading it will be quite easy to stay master tier and  it won't take any longer for me than any other hardcore to reach the last level, so there I get to sit with the best equipment 2 tee boxes back????

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:30 PM

borntobesting:

DougBieker:

Sounds GREAT!!!!

Yes it sounds great. Especially for us struggling masters who probably should still be pros.

Yes it does.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:41 PM

That's funny Lee. lol!

Now that we discussed the potential flaws in the idea so to speak, what's the best fix to keep them scum-bag sandbaggers from having their way in this new idea? Remember, WGT is watching. Meaning that's a good thing.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:44 PM

You got me man, but that's the point of the thread.  They asked for our input (and for that I am appreciative).... keep spewing out ideas, remember no ideas are bad ideas when you're brainstorming...

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:54 PM

Ah, nothing like speculation. Let WGT make the changes first and let's see how it works out. Then is the time to input suggestions. Just my HO.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:05 PM

You got me man, but that's the point of the thread.  They asked for our input (and for that I am appreciative).... keep spewing out ideas, remember no ideas are bad ideas when you're brainstorming...

Funny Lee, my old grade school teacher told me the same thing. Then again, I'm still in the 5th grade...

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:09 PM

It's actually a song in one of the shows my kids watch! LOL

*edit* Warning! Age appropriate link ^^

RSS