Re: Master Level

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 9 2013 6:16 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 9:37 AM

happel:
    Missing dozens of putts by an inch has made it no longer fun.

i have had the same problem,

for 2 1/2 yrs

• happel
    54 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 9:58 AM

I guess I will just accept that the steep degree of difficulty on the Master level is something I have to contend with at this point.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 7:58 PM

Dont worry they will start to fall :)

• mavallarino
    4 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2013 3:16 AM

hi happel: are you missing the putts to the right-left or are you too short-long?

I too need to get used to the putting. I had just gotten used to the Tour Pro level putting when all of the sudden I moved to Master, surprisingly, at only 55 points. 

The holes are indeed longer and I think the meter could be less forgiving. For putting, as I was never good at, seems more difficult to hit the ding - I wasn't able to hit once on my first round as a Master and only once in the second round.

Other observations: 

Cup placement is also much more difficult so you will have to manage risks better and be satisfied with a modest two-putt on many holes. 

Along with cup placement the greens are, for a lack of a better term, more "sensitive" in that you have to calculate margins and fractions of distance. It's a f*%&ing video game so it has to be possible to understand the algorithms.  

Luckily I haven't been in the rough but the thought of re-learning/calculating the rough on all those courses has made me a little anxious. 

Good luck and let us know what you discover!

• mavallarino
    4 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2013 6:16 AM

srellim234:

Also, depending on the course you should consider dropping either the 3W or the hybrid and equip yourself with a 64* wedge. It will really help you with your precision around the greens, leaving you with shorter putts. 

since the holes are longer you will need some precision for some of the longer par-3s - at least a wood that can do 225/230 and hold the green is highly necessary.  

• PAGES
RSS