Help › Forums

Master Level

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 9 2013 6:16 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • happel
    54 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 5:39 PM

Ok, I am good enough to have reached the master level. Is it me or are the holes smaller at this level? The putts are just not dropping.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 12:32 PM

as you tier up, the greens become faster, so u hit with less power & so there will be more break to your puts

• happel
    54 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 1:00 PM

Thanks, Chris. I am missing by inches, too; either left or right or short... making me crazy.

• happel
    54 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 1:42 PM

Apparently every bounce doesn't go your way, either!!! Like the nonsense bounce out of bounds w/ my new ball into the weeds. I like a challenge, but I was at Tour Pro for a minute, so there was no time to adjust. Blargh....

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 3:43 PM

Between Tour Pro and Master the greens stay the same: Very fast.

A remarkable difference on the greens comes from the tees being further back:

Given the same equipment, you will have longer approach shots to the greens which result in longer, less reliable putts.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:33 PM

Also, depending on the course you should consider dropping either the 3W or the hybrid and equip yourself with a 64* wedge. It will really help you with your precision around the greens, leaving you with shorter putts. 

• happel
    54 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:51 AM

I so have a good approach wedge. Thanks for your replies, all. I'll just keep at it. Went from 66.3 Tour Pro to 70.3 Master. :( My tenacious behavior will get me back to the better level!!! 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 10:00 AM

happel:

I so have a good approach wedge. Thanks for your replies, all. I'll just keep at it. Went from 66.3 Tour Pro to 70.3 Master. :( My tenacious behavior will get me back to the better level!!! 

It's easy to get all caught up in your average when on the up tier. My advise is to ignore it and just play because you want to have fun. I found my average dropped fastest when I ignored it and just played for the playing. Before I knew it I made Legend and have only had fun along the way.

One other thought process to share, once you release the ball from your control it's out of your control. You aim the marker, pick the club, factor wind, decide the power, then hit the ding. After that what happens happens. All you can do is prepare and execute. The result takes place outside of your immediate zone of control. Pride yourself in your ability to prepare and execute then the results just happen.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 2:12 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    It's easy to get all caught up in your average when on the up tier. My advise is to ignore it and just play because you want to have fun. I found my average dropped fastest when I ignored it and just played for the playing. Before I knew it I made Legend and have only had fun along the way.

+100 I like it . Wish everyone played with that type of mindset .

• happel
    54 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 7:34 AM

Missing dozens of putts by an inch has made it no longer fun.

• PAGES
RSS