Help › Forums

Re: Just A Suggestion

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:47 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 12:04 PM

I tried to get a scoring system response from members over the Christmas holiday. That bombed like my original 12 Days of Christmas I tried to start. I have been reading, forever, the posts about players trying to get credits by taking surveys, watching videos, or whatever else they have to do. I have never had to do that so far. Who knows, one day I may have to in order to continue playing this game. Along with all the sponsored ads, videos, surveys and other irritating offers, why can't WGT offer an ongoing deal, where a player gets a HIO, they get 100 credits, double eagle, 200 credits, just shot their lowest round, 50 credits, etc. See where I'm going with this. The majority of the better players would not hurt the cash drawer at all, these would have to be on a full 9 or 18 hole ranked round. This would encourage less able players to try and get these credits. I am so far from good at this game, however, if I was to qualify for one of these credit bonuses, you could keep it in the till, and have it for a newbie, or someone who is about to give up. This would only bring more cash to the WGT coffers and not hurt you one bit. Looking forward to this announcement in WGT News.

Renniw52

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 12:55 PM

interesting thought renn.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 1:03 PM

Yet another great idea from you, my friend. It would surely be a win - win scenario for all the parties involved. However, considering the prize for reaching TL tier is a whopping 225 credits (goes to show  how much player's efforts are rewarded with), I will not be holding my breath for the announcement.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 3:01 PM

Me either Puh.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 3:31 PM

A top idea Ren and for the record I got a HIO last night so I expect 100cr WGT lol.

I think the whole award/reward system need a total revamp. A you mention 225cr for making TL is something of a joke. With the exception of TL, as you progress through the tiers you generally NEED to upgrade to be competitive and the reward for the progression does not even get you a sleeve of balls that is half decent. The current award and reward system is simply meaningless.

What players need are incentives and without them the game can become stale, and this could explain why a number of top players (or players who simply cannot afford to upgrade) have left or play less.

As for an announcement in WGT news, I will wait eagerly, but I won't hold my breath.

I love the game and play by opening my wallet. The free credit opportunities are few and far between where I live ( when I was based in Singapore there were no free credits) I don;t play RG or challenges so have limited options so would be nice to get some sort of meaningful rewards.

Alan

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 3:59 PM

alanti:
    I got a HIO last night so I expect 100cr WGT lol

Since that'll never happen, how does a sleeve of those slow meter callies you're using sound? Congrats on the HIO!

• DocCrankshaft
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:01 PM

I've been watching videos (well letting them run in another browser whilst playing WGT) and after a couple of months, have myself a Rocketbalz driver (1,395cr).

I can only assume that WGT tracks the number of views and is paid a royalty by the advertiser based on this number.

Nice idea Renni but I guess if this is the case then WGT are going to stick to this formula. If I want a driver i deposit $$$ or they earn the same amount through my video viewing.

Doc 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:20 PM

WOW, very kind sir, and theres a auggestion for WGT - a sleeve of balls for an ace?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:27 PM

Another class act by PUH, are you paying attention ICON, PIZZA, ANYBODY?

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:47 PM

If you are short of credits look here:

• Amateur: 50 credits
    • Pro: 100 credits
    • Tour Pro: 125 credits
    • Master: 150 credits
    • Tour Master: 175 credits
    • Legend: 200 credits

Start another account, play it MP, and it will move to legend before it gets through Level 1.

Last game win.

I think this is total BS by the way, but WGT made these new rules, I have seen a lvl 20 something TM, so it can be done.

I'm pointing this out as something I think WGT should fix, not something anyone should do, so you know.

• PAGES
RSS