Forums

Help › Forums

Re: COUNTRY CLUBS............FAIRNESS???

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 16 2013 3:06 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MulliganPatty
    885 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 11:10 AM

I'm not an owner so I don't have all the answers, but from my experience a club running a tier specific tournament must also have rules in place to insure the success.  Something like three strikes and your out.  If a member plays in a tournament specific for a tier they are not suppose to play in they would get a warning the first time, a notice the second time and a boot the third time.  It can and will work providing you have a club that enforces the rules and members that know how to play according to the rules.

Tier Specific Tournaments are a godsend for those lower tiered golfers like myself.  Thanks Senior Citizens.

Mulligan Patty

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 1:37 PM

we don't need a three strike and your out rule,when the boss man puts up these tournys most are for a sleeve or two,you can play in all but you can only win in your stated tier,so if a legend wins in a hack/am game you get nowt but the members in that tier get the spoils,simple :) and it works,no back stabbing or whinging just good old fun.

cheers 

pdx

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 5:18 AM

The problem with a cc not having rules or not enforcing rules gets to be chaos. All societies have rules. In the golf games of the real world, PGA and every sport ever played for fun or profit has rules. Life has rules. 

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:10 AM

And some times rules are meant to be broken,it all evens itself out eventually.

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2013 12:23 PM

Rules are not meant to be broken. That is why there is a penalty to them. If you are a parent, or you had parents, the rules had some kind of punishment. There is always someone that makes the statement that rules are to be broken, is a bunch of crap. Go break ciy, state, of federal law (which is a rule and tell a judge that it is meant to be broken and he will tell you how "he considers that statement". So, pop off with nonsense statements and get to listen what a idiot you are. LOL

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2013 12:55 PM

i am in a big CC,  we had to  do the 3 strikes  you are out , i myself   made the misstake ,  after the first warning  beleive me i am carefull,     All bic CC   have been asking the same from WGT,to have the tools to  help us ......     no answer from them    no explenations........no feed back from them .........   Smaller CC  dont realy have  this problem........              One  day we will have this tool i hope ,,,,we in our CC  are willing to pay a fee collectivily     if we have to ......   We  after 3 strikes  dont kick the member out , we  suspend them  for some times .   We had less  problemes  but it still appens.........         

• BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2013 2:37 PM

A CC is set up by someone that likes to play this GAME for fun - someone that is willing to give up her/his time ( so lets call a CC a small group of friends/list of player) that are happy to play a game/round every day, weekly, monthly within this CC,

A new member/player joining WGT - has every right to join any CC he/she wishers to -  if a CC refus entree this CC gets a strike - 3 strikes and CC is kicked out the system

l started as a hack - then as a pro started my own CC and understand full well people come and go, this is not a problem to me.

the only rules to this game are easy - they start when we stand on the first tee -  the only rules within this game are the rules of the WGT. 

no CC has any power over any member -

• BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2013 3:06 PM

FAIRNESS???

Addicted To Bacon - A Sizzlin' Bacon Rap Song  

• PAGES
RSS