• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 11:37 AM

DELETED...............by me. 

Bob

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:06 PM

We have quite a few Tour Legends in our club and some good 1's at that. We also have quite a few Legends and then a few players in lower tiers. We all have different skill levels and abilities so to make it fair we have handicaps. About 50% of our tournaments are handicapped so everyone has a chance to win something. I can't remember what the highest handicap is but it's 20+. Sometimes they may have a good round. Trying to beat a nett 50 off my 1 handicap is pretty tough :) but it's all good fun and it keeps everyone interested. Maybe you should suggest that your club have handicaps. It doesn't need to be every tournament but the odd few are always fun.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:08 PM

The country club i am in we have a weekend tourny set up for tier specific games,this allows only set tier members to take part,but if they wish to play with the big boys they are very welcome to do so,and if they win they they get their just rewards.But higher tiers can also play in lower tier games but they do not win any prizes if ya get my drift.This has been a good way of getting all members to take part and get to know each other.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:13 PM

Country clubs do not have the power to make tournaments tier specific.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:29 PM

courteneyfish:

Country clubs do not have the power to make tournaments tier specific.

ok smarty pants,they are set up as same course,for hack to tour pro,then master to tour master,then legend to tour legend,like i said higher tier can take part in all but can only win in there tier level,lower tier can take part in all and win in higher tiers if they are good enough.

simple really for some.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:42 PM

Why be nasty. I know all that. I run a similar system in my club. Have you ever run a club?

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:53 PM

i don't consider smarty pants as nasty,just a bit of leg pulling.i have read a lot of your other posts and like the way you put things,just saying :) and yes i have run a cc  of my own,it was an enjoyable experience which i would do again but i love the club i am in,so dont attempt to poach me ;) the hardest job was getting members to take part that's why i dropped it,it was always the same members taking part,probably the same in most clubs then you do some spring cleaning. seems no matter how hard you try to get members to take part or enter club forums they just don't,why ? i don't know.

this aint Nasty,just saying.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 1:18 PM

DELETED...........by me. 

It's ashame people can't even post a comment or opinion here in the Forum without being verbally attacked. 

Bob

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 9:57 PM

Leave me alone Bob. I'd hate to have to report you. My original post in this thread is correct, tier specific tournaments are not available to country clubs. I.E. There is nothing an owner can do to stop a wrong tiered player from coming top in a comp that has been designated for a lower tier. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:53 PM

Tier Specific Tournys for CC has been requested untold times yet WGT have failed to deliver. Surely isnt a hard thing to implement.

I have bem a member of a few clubs and despite titles often members dont look or care and enter regardless. The larger clubs I have been in have had more problems from my experience. I left one for this reason, I got annoyed at creating tournies for lower tiers and sadly the owner did nothing.

So now  a ember of a small very friendly club and we also have handicap tournies, mp and play a/s together. Works for me

• PAGES
RSS