Help › Forums

Re: ENOUGH ALREADY

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:20 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 6:25 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that the VEM which has existed has been turned up. I can handle a missed ding ending up badly but when I do hit the ding I am getting more unexpected results (for the worse) than previously..

Is VEM a bad thing? Not in my book as I can hit a great shot on the real course and end up short or long as I didn't gauge the wind, in particular, swirling winds. BUT when the physics of the shots defy logic (such as a 3I going 278 yards) it is a not realistic. Sure I can live with plus or minus 10 yards but any more is simply not possible particularly shorter clubs (and I am sure Ren would have checked to make sure he didn't scroll a club up before hitting).

The greens have become monumentally harder to putt, and I know I am not the only player to have a dramatic increase on lipped putts. Again I will not complain on this one, as true championship course greens you need a perfect putt to be struck (line and speed) even on putts under 5 feet.

Yes I am sure the VEM has been increased to prevent really low scores (but looking at tournament scoreboards shows it hasn't) and after all many of us have said in the past, the game is too easy. I am sure we all have been affected but t the end of the day, some players obviously are simply better at adapting.

Will I quit the game? NO as I still love it and all I can do is take one shot at a time, cuss, and take another shot.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:18 AM

I have been in Florida for the last week on vacation, only paroused the forums to see if Andy came up with something and noticed my friends thread. The onlu thing that is different is that i havent bought any balls (golf) in a week. my gain WGT loss. yeah my $$ wont kill em one way or another. the first couple days were hard, but its not any more.

cant wait to see how they have screwed up when im back playing, apparently NADA

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 10:44 PM

renniw52:

Come on WGT, stop messing with the game. I personally don't give a $hit, because I have been here long enough to expect your greedy nonsense. If you intend to get new members, and expect them to spend money, and keep playing, then let the damn clubs we buy do what they should do. I have been messing around all day, playing different courses and it is a damn joke. I don't expect an 80 yrd Cleveland to go 92 yrds with a 12 mph head wind on a flat green. I don't expect my 225 R11 to go 278 yards with a 3 mph tail wind. Are you kidding me, 278 yards with a 3 iron. I am not Tiger. Your game is becoming the joke of the internet. I have tried to be a good member, I have done more for the community than you will ever do. It is time to turn the screws down and let people play the game to their ability, not what you decide. Get a grip, it is NONSENSE.

Hear hear!

Yesterday in one 9 hole round at Oakmont I had three obvious VEM moments when the ball went against the wind despite either a ding  shot or a miss shot in the opposite direction. I've only recently got to Master and it is only now that I am beginning to understand that it is NOT (always) me, that there is something fundamentally wrong.

How many new players have been VEMd away? How many haven't had the knowledge / experience to realise it wasn't a lack of ability on their part but WGT screwing them around, how many newer players in these situations have just left the game?

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 10:43 AM

I understand 100% why so many people are leaving. VEM

• kubassa
    11 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:20 AM

What most of you people complaining seem to forget is they change the game or this so called VEM to try and stop the people cheating.....

Every online game has to constantly keep changing the game and the coding to try and curb this epidemic.....

WGT knows there are hooks and hacks for this game so the only way to handle the problem is by doing what they are it is unfortunate that it effects those that dont cheat or hack.....

So GET OVER IT!!!!

• PAGES
RSS