Forums

Help › Forums

Re: AVERAGE OF "54" - HOW DO THEY DO IT ?

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 17 2013 7:17 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2013 3:33 PM

why does wgt not make quitting a par avg ? 

if its a bad connection,I can always restart. tried that a few times. 

just a thought from a rookie, using a rookies logic. 

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2013 3:40 PM

TennesseeCraig:
    I am seeing some LOW AVERAGES of people with a lot of experience.  I see 54 and 55, etc..

You assume it's based on score, it's not. It would be nice to have a running average score stat, we don't.

I have no idea what the number beside your tier represents, it's just a number, and has only a lose relationship to your scoring.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2013 3:51 PM

Not a total cure but a start would be to drop any score over 6 months or a year old from the averages.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2013 5:25 PM

srellim234:

Not a total cure but a start would be to drop any score over 6 months or a year old from the averages.

I could go for last 200 rounds even once you are legend or TL...

Way back when, it was something like 12 of you best out of 18...or similar..was good for those who were not bagging, but much easier to manipulate your "average".

Ahhh...if only the folks who played here had as much integrity as  a weekend duffer has...lol!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2013 7:17 PM

I use my par 3,4 and par 5 averages and do the math myself. I know it's cumulative from the first ranked round I played but it's a whole lot more realistic looking. Once a month I multiply my par 3 average by 4, my par 4 by 10 and my par 5 by 4 and add them up based on par 72. Right now I'm on 65.82. The beginning of the month is the only time I concern myself with my average. Otherwise I just ignore it.

• PAGES
RSS