Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wimbledon

Tue, Jul 9 2013 1:20 AM (68 replies)
  • pedro1888
    51 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 10:06 AM

Well done Andy Murray, fully deserved the win, great champion and a fellow Scot, go on son :)

• craigswan
    31,570 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:13 AM

Congratulations andy .

Well that,s the sports personality of the year wrapped up and also a knighthood heading his way I presume .

DID YOU KNOW - Andy and novak trained in tennis camps in spain when they were in their early teens and became best friends .

They are the same age but andy is one day older than novak .

Spotted any famous people in the crowd ,

Ronnie wood , wayne rooney , pippa middleton , Justin rose , chris hoy , jude law ,Bradley cooper and Victoria beckham to name a few .

DID YOU KNOW - Andy,s girlfriend kim,s dress was designed by Victoria beckham .

see you all next year .

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:33 PM

craigswan:
    DID YOU KNOW - He went to school in dunblane and attended the school where the dunblane massacre occurred .

his class was meant to be the next classroom into the gym but was stopped when Thomas Hamilton burst in an opened fire.

Great result for British tennis....and victory is sweeter cause he's a Scot.

Well done Andy.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:41 PM

I'm not particular about country or region of a champion however.......I've never been more satisfied and happy for a player and nation(s).  This was a historical moment in sport and Andy Murray is quite the champion and deserves all that this moment will bring him in life. 

I love how he gave his coach, the great man he is, the respect, thanks, and due that he deserved as well, in helping Andy improve his game so so much.

The only things that would have made this all the more special would be, on the 77 year long drought ending.....

A scream - this is the best day of my life

and a proposal of marriage to Kim :)

and a 'thanks mom!!!!"

congratulations Andy, congratulations Tennis, and congratulations GB

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 3:51 PM

I think I was more nervous than his family, he was absolutely superb. Every time he was knocked down he got back up and gave it even more, what a fantastic win. That last game, 3 champ points lost, 4 advantage against and finally wow. 

Well done Andy

• quakerdarlo
    7,058 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:18 AM

British/scottish who cares, great player,hard worker & a thoroughly deserved winner!!

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:49 AM

Super win, and when he gets his second serve sorted he'll be invincible!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:38 PM

Ahead of the independence vote, Scotland's 1st minister creates a photo opportunity -

• craigswan
    31,570 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 1:20 AM

Looks like princess Katie,s  baby is coming early through watching andy .

RSS