Help › Forums

Re: Under 18 and tournaments

Sat, Jul 6 2013 6:44 PM (28 replies)
  • dickinc
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 4:36 AM

Greyyowl:

alanti:
    but he can still do some of the offers such as video views, make take some time to upgrade but he can just concentrate on improving for the interim. Or Dad could be really nice

Yes, this is exactly what he can do.

And while it is not encouraged to gift, some members could get whinging, that's prezactly what dads do, they be nice to their kids.

And fyi? My daughter can whoop me bad, and I know that isn't difficult.

I would suggest that ol' mate play some golf and have fun with his boy, he won't enjoy it when HE get's whooped on.

The Owl.

I already do and he isn't far off betting me now.

I will keep gifting stuff to him and he already watches ads to buy different balls

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:19 AM

dickinc:

DAZZA501:

Well some CC's do tournaments where you play with someone else and then post your card in the forum. Then someone sorts out the leaderboard.

Or he could join wgtls and play in their tournaments. Unless they have an age limit. Not sure on that 1.

we have started a country club : Logan City Chippers, But I can't find which tournaments, if anyone could help it would be great.

What you can do is put a post in your club forum that you're starting a tournament and ask for sign ups.

Then you set the course to be played by a certain time or day. Members pair up and play their rounds together (for confirmation purposes). After they're done they can come back to the forum and tell you their score or post a screen shot of their card from the game they played.

When all the scores are in you sort out the leaderboard and you have a winner.

If you so wish you could ask players to put in prizes to a kitty. Sort of sponsoring the tournament.

This way your son can play and feel part of being in a tournament.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 12:24 PM

DAZZA501:
    Or he could join wgtls and play in their tournaments. Unless they have an age limit. Not sure on that 1.

I assume it would be the same because all their tourneys are played on WGT so they have to follow WGT rules. 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 1:18 PM

What I mean with wgtls born is their tournaments are played in practice mode a lot of the time so he would be able to play. What I'm not sure of is if the guys who run wgtls have any age restrictions.

• GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:45 PM

Is Pro Shop gifting allowed if the recipient is under 18?

Thanks,

JMan

• dickinc
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 3:34 PM

yeah it is I gifted my boy a new driver and a shot meter.

cheers Chris

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 4:49 PM

Funny thing . A kid under 18 can't play a computer game because of gaming laws.

But a 14 year old can play in the US open where it is all there for him to see. And much more.

• dickinc
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 6:44 PM

xtabent:

Funny thing . A kid under 18 can't play a computer game because of gaming laws.

But a 14 year old can play in the US open where it is all there for him to see. And much more.

yeah go figure, kids can get on lie today and pay games they just need parents consent but we can not even do that here.

RSS