Forums

Help › Forums

Under 18 and tournaments

Sat, Jul 6 2013 6:44 PM (28 replies)
  • dickinc
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:37 PM

Hello I am writing on behalf of my son who found this game and got me involved in playing it he is 13 y.o. and would like to at least have a chance to qualify for a couple of tournaments but each one says because he is under 18 he can not play. is there any that suit the younger players because now he doesn't want to play the game as he see's no point. cheers Chris

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 12:42 PM

He could join a country club. Lot's of country clubs do free to play tournaments that offer prizes like stuff from the pro shop.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:11 PM

Well some CC's do tournaments where you play with someone else and then post your card in the forum. Then someone sorts out the leaderboard.

Or he could join wgtls and play in their tournaments. Unless they have an age limit. Not sure on that 1.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:27 PM

Infortunately, His age was given when the account was created, and to conform to gambling and gaming rules is unable to compete in the competitions, so unless there was a way of changing the date of birth of the account via say, options, given at the top of the surveys page, the account I am afraid will be limited ;-)

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:30 PM

Nothing in the rules about starting another account up ....

• dickinc
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:06 PM

DAZZA501:

Well some CC's do tournaments where you play with someone else and then post your card in the forum. Then someone sorts out the leaderboard.

Or he could join wgtls and play in their tournaments. Unless they have an age limit. Not sure on that 1.

we have started a country club : Logan City Chippers, But I can't find which tournaments, if anyone could help it would be great.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:08 PM

Greyyowl:

He can do nothing but play Matchplay, Alt Shot, Stroke, Blitz and CTTH for fun as he will be inelibigle to compete in Country Club competitions, all competitions are off limits for under 18's.

No tournaments or anything.

Only thing I found in the T's and C's, state you must be 18 and older to play for credits.

Pretty sure he can enter "no fee" tourney's...I don't know why WGT would not allow it?

Edit:

From the T's and C's:

In-Game Skill Based Competitions

As part of regular WGT game play, WGT may sponsor and give you the opportunity to earn WGT Credits in certain in-game skill based monthly and weekly competitions ("Competitions"). No purchase or payment is necessary to participate in such Competitions. The odds of earning WGT Credits in Competitions depend on the number of eligible participants in and their relative skill in the Competitions. Competitions are open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in the entrant's state or province/territory of residence, whichever is greater. 

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:12 PM

MBaggese:
    Pretty sure he can enter "no fee" tourney's...I don't know why WGT would not allow it?
    You're right MB...he can play any tournament as long as there's no purse.other than a trophy....

• dickinc
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:25 PM

MBaggese:

Greyyowl:

He can do nothing but play Matchplay, Alt Shot, Stroke, Blitz and CTTH for fun as he will be inelibigle to compete in Country Club competitions, all competitions are off limits for under 18's.

No tournaments or anything.

Only thing I found in the T's and C's, state you must be 18 and older to play for credits.

Edit:

From the T's and C's:

In-Game Skill Based Competitions

As part of regular WGT game play, WGT may sponsor and give you the opportunity to earn WGT Credits in certain in-game skill based monthly and weekly competitions ("Competitions"). No purchase or payment is necessary to participate in such Competitions. The odds of earning WGT Credits in Competitions depend on the number of eligible participants in and their relative skill in the Competitions. Competitions are open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in the entrant's state or province/territory of residence, whichever is greater. 

Thank you ...he wont be happy, he seems to think what the hell am I playing for cause he can not up grade his clubs or win clubs as he is not allowed to enter any comps.

RSS